Reply-paid envelope from bank - will this work in Thailand?

My bank in Jersey wants me to fill in a form (MiFID II) and return it to them - very important they say.

The envelope they sent me to return it to them from Thailand is this one:

59f2e406cc8d5_Barclaysenvelopesmall.jpg.7a34053227baa6c6efa73bc35e808821.jpg

That looks to me like a reply-paid envelope for use within Great Britain. The bank tells me that no, as it has the 'By Air Mail' logo in the top left corner it's clearly for international use and the Thai postal service will happily accept this. I'm still sceptical however as it doesn't say anything about 'Reponse Payee Thailande'.

Can anybody please confirm to me that I can use this envelope to send documents to Jersey via the Thai Postal service, or will they simply refuse this envelope?

39 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think that you will have to have some Thai postage stamps on it. Take it to the post office and ask. If no then buy about 31 baht worth of stamps.

Yes, I don't see the Thai posties knowing quite what to make of that without some Thai stamps on it. It's very important though, so it will have to be sent recorded delivery or whatever they call it here. The last time I did that it cost over 500 Baht. Now I'm not paying that, the bank should, but they keep on telling me that the envelope they've provided is fine. I tell them no it's not, so we're at a bit of an impasse. I know I should go to a post office and ask there but the nearest one in Jomtien soi 5 doesn't have any parking and it's usually packed out with Russians and others sending parcels back home to fund their lifestyle here. Before venturing down that route I'm trying to get a definitive answer here. Maybe another Barclays International customer has had one of these and used it successfully (or not)?

That is defiantly an international repy paid envelope. It has an IBRS account number (International Business Reply Service), réponse payee grande bretagne is Reply pain Great Britain meaning postage will be paid in GB.

However the Thai post office may not recognise etc. Worth the cost of a couple of stamps (and a clearly marked return address) to ensure it doesnt end up in a dead letter office in Thailand.

I googled a little bit and the Thai Postal System supposedly recognises IBRS.  I know it going back to UK, but my googling came upon a U.S. Postal System web page (look at the bottom) that says Thailand supports IBRS.....and then this different site that says the same thing about Thailand and IBRS..look at Para 9.

Now I would take the envelope o your local Thai Post Office for mailing and specifically ask the question with a postal clerk versus just dropping the envelope in a mail pickup box.

17 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

That is defiantly an international repy paid envelope. It has an IBRS account number (International Business Reply Service), réponse payee grande bretagne is Reply pain Great Britain meaning postage will be paid in GB.

However the Thai post office may not recognise etc. Worth the cost of a couple of stamps (and a clearly marked return address) to ensure it doesnt end up in a dead letter office in Thailand.

17 hours ago, Pib said:

I googled a little bit and the Thai Postal System supposedly recognises IBRS.  I know it going back to UK, but my googling came upon a U.S. Postal System web page (look at the bottom) that says Thailand supports IBRS.....and then this different site that says the same thing about Thailand and IBRS..look at Para 9.

Now I would take the envelope o your local Thai Post Office for mailing and specifically ask the question with a postal clerk versus just dropping the envelope in a mail pickup box.

Ah right, thanks, I can't say I've ever heard of the IBRS number but indeed it seems legit. Very poorly designed envelope I 'd say though, why not simply write something like 'International Post Paid'  in English and French (if you must), not the nonsense only in French about Grand Bretagne.

OK, I'll complete the form and take it to the post office in the envelope and see if they will accept it. If they won't and I have to pay the recorded delivery postage myself then I'll try and claim it back off Barclays.