Pattaya --> SriRacha

Visitor19

Hey :)

What is the safest way to get home from pattaya to Sriracha during a Saturday night? any experiences? And is there an opportunity to go from SriRacha to Pattaya with a regular bus and not a minivan during the day?

Thanks for help! :)

Hey :)
What is the safest way to get home from pattaya to Sriracha during a Saturday night? any experiences? And is there an opportunity to go from SriRacha to Pattaya with a regular bus and not a minivan during the day?

Thanks for help! :)

You can catch a songthaew from Si Racha in front of the park near the beach. Same road as the hospital. Any motorbike taxi will take you there. It goes to Naklua Market on the beach for 20 baht or so. From there easy to catch another to Pattaya. Whole trip 30-40 mins. I am not sure how late they go back. The last one leaves Naklua Market at 7 pm or so (white colour-just up the side street from the 7/11) but they go from the corner of Sukumvit Rd and Sukhumvit Naklua Rd (10 minutes walk or short motorbike)to Si Racha alot later. I think the latest I caught was 8 pm but I was nervous that I'd be walking home). They are very safe and go slow (usually)so I wouldn't worry about a bus or minivan.

Sent from my SM-J120G using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just take an Uber. Shouldn't be more than 500 Baht. If they are not operating anymore (there was some news report?) check the Grab fare or arrange private transport. It is really not that far.

Public transport seems to be a bit of a pain.

Edited by wump

1 hour ago, wump said:

Just take an Uber. Shouldn't be more than 500 Baht. If they are not operating anymore (there was some news report?) check the Grab fare or arrange private transport. It is really not that far.

Public transport seems to be a bit of a pain.

Thank you :)Can you book Uber in advance?

Regular buses are fairly frequent during the day but I don't know how late they run. They stop under the pedestrian bridge opposite Robinsons but ask the driver if they are going to Pattaya. Baht buses and minivans stop at the same place. Baht buses finish around 8pm and seem safer than minivans but take a long time.

Pattaya to Sri Racha - again big buses can be stopped at the junction of Pattaya Tai and Sukhumvit but I don't know how late they run. Since most are going to Bangkok they may well run late into the evening. There are overnight buses to the north which pick up at Sri Racha but I don't know where they start from.

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2560 at 6:48 PM, hugh2121 said:

Regular buses are fairly frequent during the day but I don't know how late they run. They stop under the pedestrian bridge opposite Robinsons but ask the driver if they are going to Pattaya. Baht buses and minivans stop at the same place. Baht buses finish around 8pm and seem safer than minivans but take a long time.

Pattaya to Sri Racha - again big buses can be stopped at the junction of Pattaya Tai and Sukhumvit but I don't know how late they run. Since most are going to Bangkok they may well run late into the evening. There are overnight buses to the north which pick up at Sri Racha but I don't know where they start from.

Okay so far i only find Minivans under the pedestrian at Robinson, but do not feel very comfortable to go with them. But good to know that there are also stop some buses (Perhaps the buses which come from BK)... What do you think about Tuckom Bus station? is this also an opportunity to find a "real" (safer) bus?

Okay so far i only find Minivans under the pedestrian at Robinson, but do not feel very comfortable to go with them. But good to know that there are also stop some buses (Perhaps the buses which come from BK)... What do you think about Tuckom Bus station? is this also an opportunity to find a "real" (safer) bus?

I'd say nothing is completely safe in Thailand. I live on Sukumvit Rd halfway between Si Racha and Pattaya. I see buses all the time but never local ones. I am pretty sure most of the large buses are for long trips and it would be hard to find one for such a short trip. Just catch a baht bus. They usually go slow and it can be a scenic trip (both in the bus and out). If the driver is too fast and you don't feel safe just get off and catch the next one. Catch Uber etc home as others have suggested.

Sent from my SM-J120G using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app