HUAI KWANG..SWAMPY... Taxi report...

BuddyDean

See a lot of posts about airport transport.  A few weeks ago, I took a cab from the Pizza Company, HUAI KWANG branch to Swampy.  Walked out of a mini market..cab had just dropped a passenger off.."Can take me to Swampy?". "Can.". " Have meter?". "Can.".... 27 Km....211 THB.....no tolls..clean cab, good driver.

It's good to hear positive reports here but your experience is not at all unusual.  It's the occasional dodgy driver that gets all the attention on Thaivisa and before you know what's happening all taxi drivers in Bangkok get tarred with the same brush as high, drunk, scamming nightmares.

7 hours ago, Just Weird said:

It's good to hear positive reports here but your experience is not at all unusual.  It's the occasional dodgy driver that gets all the attention on Thaivisa and before you know what's happening all taxi drivers in Bangkok get tarred with the same brush as high, drunk, scamming nightmares.

Not too mention that you are much more likely to get a scammer on Sukhumvit than the less discovered areas, and that is where so many TV Martyrs become de facto scammer bait.  Just don't get in until you have a ten second dchat with them.  Quite simple.  Certainly a lot easier than walking down the street with wheeled luggage on your smartphone with Uber.

8 hours ago, BuddyDean said:

Not too mention that you are much more likely to get a scammer on Sukhumvit than the less discovered areas, and that is where so many TV Martyrs become de facto scammer bait.  Just don't get in until you have a ten second dchat with them.  Quite simple.  Certainly a lot easier than walking down the street with wheeled luggage on your smartphone with Uber.

My philosophy is , if the driver doesn't immediately indicate that he's ok with the trip just close the door, the back door, and get the next one, never negotiate.  There's thousands on the road and there is no need to put up with in interview/interrogation from a driver.  Never enter into a conversation with a driver through the front door's window and if a taxi pulls up with it's window already down just wave it on.

I don't see anything wrong with ten seconds through the front window....seems a lot smarter than getting in and having to get out of some clowns cab, that you may have just pissed off..could almost be considered a loss of face scenario for the driver as you have just called them out on operating illegally and being a scammer.

Archived