How to live for 4000 baht a month. Not inc rents.

dfdgfdfdgs

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 4:53 PM, bazza73 said:

Are you sure? My ex-defacto in Australia gets a Canadian pension, and the full Australian OAP.

Depends on the agreement between governments. All different.

Hello, I just read the thread title and it's nothing even remotely to do with foreign pensions  :smile:.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Man, threads like this have been existing forever. I remember back in 2004 when I took my first trip to Thailand with my then gf, our budget was $5000 for less than 3 months not including a plane ticket (well over 150k baht as Canadian dollar was stronger).

Back on "another forum" where I was posting like a maniac, people were saying you can't live on 30k a month anymore as everything went up. These are the same people (teflers) who were earning 25k a month when they arrived in Thailand, but suddenly their 45k jobs made them feel superior. At the end of our 2 month trip we calculated our budget and were surprised we only spent around 70k baht. I must have been doing something wrong because I remember this being my best trip of my life as we travelled all over Thailand, met people some friendly and some not so and stayed in decent and comfortable (budget) accommodations.

I am getting old myself and there is no joy or point in counting pennies. On one Canadian forum someone has asked if you are jealous of your neighbors making more than you. I replied I'd only be jealous if my neighbors are having sex more than me as in Canada everything is provided to you by the government...even the housing. Why bother....seriously. You think you will be remembered by how much money you spent? Ridiculous human "trait".

Now I remember exactly why I left Canada. Paying over 40% in taxes so others can free load.... Asia such a warm climate and solution to all my problems

18 hours ago, steven2018 said:

This thread is better than 'Housewives of (fill in the blank)'. My overly active imagination is picturing a following of posters here sitting in their underwear, drinking a Leo beer and banging at the keyboard.

4000 baht a month, approx $120 USD - I have read that Thai's earn more than that a month - so how would it be possible? Maybe an eBook is in the works.

Sent from Android using Tapatalk

Newsflash. read the OP. It's 4,000 EXCLUDING rents, which are probably the biggest expense for most.

I can easily live on 4,000 not including rent, but not survive at all including rent. Helps that my rent includes room cleaning, bed linen and towel changes, cable tv, wifi, power and water, plus drinking water.

Eating only 7 11 ready meals it would be possible for me to live here on 70 baht a day, as long as I never wanted to do anything except watch tv and eat boring food- gad, that sounds like living in a rest home :shock1:.

44 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Depends on the agreement between governments. All different.

Hello, I just read the thread title and it's nothing even remotely to do with foreign pensions  :smile:.

I am led astray by others.

11 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Thanks to your privileged Canadian passport and people paying taxes, you can enjoy Thailand.

Passport that I pay for every time I renew it. $250 covers that paper. So again I have zero impact on the Canadian tax system, therefor am in no way a burden. I own nothing in Canada and I'm classed as a Canadian citizen non resident. Might want to unglue your backside from your high horse. Why should I pay over 40% of my wages to people that cheat the system. Or are you one of them types?

1 hour ago, KhunMhee said:

Passport that I pay for every time I renew it. $250 covers that paper. So again I have zero impact on the Canadian tax system, therefor am in no way a burden. I own nothing in Canada and I'm classed as a Canadian citizen non resident. Might want to unglue your backside from your high horse. Why should I pay over 40% of my wages to people that cheat the system. Or are you one of them types?

Another one of those who bashes Canada, but gladly uses the privileged passport and most likely the currency/pension the first world country provided.

How just terrible and sad for you.

Would you like to give up your passport since the supposed freeloaders bother you so much?

Thanks to your privileged Canadian passport and people paying taxes, you can enjoy Thailand.

Why would you suspect that Westerners bragging about subsisting on a couple hundred dollars per month in a developing country were dole bludgers back home? Maybe they were captains of industry and are just lying low here.

2 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Another one of those who bashes Canada, but gladly uses the privileged passport and most likely the currency/pension the first world country provided.

How just terrible and sad for you.

Would you like to give up your passport since the supposed freeloaders bother you so much?

Again you speculate too much. I have no CPP or would I ever want one. You obviously have some love for giving your money to people who don't deserve it at all. I have been a contractor for the last 12 years working through out ASIA. Had I chosen to live inside of Canada I would have had to pay over 40% tax. That's in excusable in my eyes. So rather than staying where I would be openly robbed by said government I moved to Thailand. Living here and taking salary in a foreign currency saves any hassles of Canada having any claim on my income. The only thing that ties a Canadian Citizen non resident to Canada is the passport that I pay for every time I have to renew it. Its not all that hard to figure out.

I find your constant trolling terrible and sad, though until now I just ignored it. And as I was born in Canada I will always have the ability to have a Canadian passport that I pay for. When you drink that half empty glass try not to spill it on yourself.  

Edited by KhunMhee
Edits are fun

7 minutes ago, KhunMhee said:

. Had I chosen to live inside of Canada I would have had to pay over 40% tax. That's in excusable in my eyes. So rather than staying where I would be openly robbed by said government I moved to Thailand. L

Is Canada a flat tax rate of 40% or it increases the more you earn ?

5 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

• 15% on the first $45,916 of taxable income, +
  • 20.5% on the next $45,915 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over $45,916 up to $91,831), +
  • 26% on the next $50,522 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over $91,831 up to $142,353), +
  • 29% on the next $60,447 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over $142,353 up to $202,800), +
  • 33% of taxable income over $202,800.

9 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

It's a lie. He pulled the highest income bracket and is stating it as fact.

Just a typical Canada basher reaping the rewards of first world developed country.....just like I used to be :)

Edited by theguyfromanotherforum

2 minutes ago, Naam said:
  • 15% on the first $45,916 of taxable income, +
  • 20.5% on the next $45,915 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over $45,916 up to $91,831), +
  • 26% on the next $50,522 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over $91,831 up to $142,353), +
  • 29% on the next $60,447 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over $142,353 up to $202,800), +
  • 33% of taxable income over $202,800.

Correct me if I am wrong but there is one more bracket. Naam has the right of it and it has been 12 years outside. Regardless why pay even 33% when you spend less that 1/2 a year outside the country and are not a burden on the system?

Just now, KhunMhee said:

Correct me if I am wrong but there is one more bracket. Naam has the right of it and it has been 12 years outside. Regardless why pay even 33% when you spend less that 1/2 a year outside the country and are not a burden on the system?

So you don't pay any income tax at all anywhere in the world ?

Just now, KhunMhee said:

Why would that bother you since you claim you never earned income in Canada?

2 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Why would that bother you since you claim you never earned income in Canada?

Yup as I don't work in Canada why should I pay tax there. Number one reason I left. Now you're seeing the picture

1 minute ago, KhunMhee said:

Yup as I don't work in Canada why should I pay tax there. Number one reason I left. Now you're seeing the picture

Not really. Unlike USA where you have to declare worldwide income, Canada let's you free to earn as much as you want as a non resident....yet here you are....bashing while paying no tax whatsoever. Bashing a country that helped so many people.

Give up your privileged passport?

That's how I got the number of greater than 40% with the province as well. LOL to that guy I was not bashing if you read the comment I said that reminds me why I left Canada. You love to troll I get it. If you want my passport so bad I will let you come take it :post-4641-1156694005: 

Tax 2006.PNG

living in my home country my tax liability for 2017 would be

income tax.........39,122%

church tax...........3.521%

solidarity tax........1.956%

total...................44.599%

plus Vat on every penny i spend 19%

assuming i spend half of my income VAT is another 9.5%

total tax load.......54.099% = :bah: