Buying stuff at lazada vs off-line shop in Bangkok?

chado

6 minutes ago, chado said:

For instance?

If buying a phone in a non-online shop check Jaymart, I bought a smartphone there 1000 baht cheaper than the same model on Lazada, with a full manufactures guarantee

http://www.jaymart.co.th/

They have many offers, often cheaper than online.

I would prefer to buy from Lazada than an independent phone stand like the ones in MBK etc.

Also check out

https://www.invadeit.co.th/category/smartphones/

hope that helps

in many offline shops, you can never be sure if the phones are originals!  Buying at Tesco Lotus is safer, and they also grant full warranty. Lazada will not allow copies to be sold through their online shop, which gives you some peace of mind.  Another trusted shop is https://www.invadeit.co.th/  for electronics & phones, i have bought numerous smartphones by them already, paid by paypal and there never was an issue

at Jaymart online shop you need to be able to read thai, also on their website there is no search function!  I wonder how they think you find anything you are looking for

Edited by crazygreg44

When it comes to smartphones, I would buy from:

Jaymart, Tesco, Lazada if they are the direct seller, the mobile shops like AIS or True where they often have handset promotions associated with their service plans.

I wouldn't buy from any small shop in MBK, where they have a reputation for a lot of gray market and fake mobiles. Or a lot of other small counter type shops around town. And I'd be hesitant to buy on Lazada from a lot of the small, independent shops that sell there.

I would buy a phone from InvadeIT based on dealing with a trustworthy shop, but not on the basis of price, where phones really aren't their niche.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Many of the goods available on Lazada come from Tesco, IT City etc. I needed a set of Samsung Colour lazer printer cartridges and they were B1,850 each x 4, in IT City shop. I ordered from Lazada and amazingly, an IT City van came to my house and delivered them at B1560 each x 4.

If you can buy a phone with Lazada as seller, you definitely buy cheap and have a 100% warranty behind it. I bought a Huawei ysii for 3'990. Cheapest now from Lazada is today. I see the Samsung S8 64GB for 21'490 Baht only, Lazada itself is the seller

I bought my Xiaomi Mi Max from Lazada a couple months ago because I couldn't find any physical stores selling that model in Bangkok.

If you know what you want then Lazada can be very very good. 

Brilliant phone btw.

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

And I'd be hesitant to buy on Lazada from a lot of the small, independent shops that sell there.

I have been buying from many such shops since Lazada opened for business here and have never had any issues.  You do need to read/translate the advertisements to be sure you know if/what any guarantee is but other than that have found low price the same item as high price.

10 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

I have been buying from many such shops since Lazada opened for business here and have never had any issues.  You do need to read/translate the advertisements to be sure you know if/what any guarantee is but other than that have found low price the same item as high price.

My issue with the small online retailers on Lazada, mainly when it comes to smart phones, is doubts over whether they're actually providing a new, factory fresh product. Oftentimes, those small phone retailers on Lazada are just online versions of the counter shops at MBK and FortuneTown.

But yes, especially with Lazada's platform, you really have to be careful about the listing of specifications, and deal with the TH-EN translations of them.

23 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

It may not be the cheapest price, but the service is great.  Worth paying a bit more for that.

As I said, maybe good for old people who do not have internet and need help from anyone who pretends to know better, otherwise nobody not totally insane would accept to pay at least 1000 more for the smallest item available.

1 minute ago, EcigAmateur said:

As I said, maybe good for old people who do not have internet and need help from anyone who pretends to know better, otherwise nobody not totally insane would accept to pay at least 1000 more for the smallest item available.

You obviously know nothing about the owner of that site.  He's guided me though several purchases.  Recommending different options depending on my needs.  I also shopped around and his prices were very close to what was offered elsewhere, even better on a few items.  And his follow on service is excellent.

Also, I'm quite far from town.  Easier to do it online.  Gets delivered right to my door.

1 hour ago, EcigAmateur said:

how would you order online from invadeIT without internet?

have used them on numerous occasions where i could not find the specific item i wanted on lazada,  and was on an island without any local options. 

satisfied every time.

on another note, I have ordered a pretty significant amount of stuff from lazada both in thailand an philipines. including some wharfedale speakers and a subwoofer and a high end mobile phone.

Today a xaomi mi box was delivered to my phils condo. less than 24 hours after i made the purchase online.

if i want something, i check lazada first, only if they dont have it do i consider physically going to purchase it.

Edited by HooHaa

Our world changes constantly. I just have been reminded to this fact today. After having paid cash on delivery for some time, I bought two mobile phone replacement  batteries for a Samsung J2. They arrived today and they are FAKE. No way they charge.

Beware!

8 minutes ago, Dario said:

Our world changes constantly. I just have been reminded to this fact today. After having paid cash on delivery for some time, I bought two mobile phone replacement  batteries for a Samsung J2. They arrived today and they are FAKE. No way they charge.

Beware!

You just return them as fake. Lazada refunds.

4 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

You just return them as fake. Lazada refunds.

Yes, I know, thank you. But in the meantime, we have no replacement batteries. I have addressed a complaint to their CEO with a copy to the guy who is in charge of all the Lazada markets. 

I must make the following comment: I have looked closer at the battery under a magnifier and decovered a very small, very thin plastic over the contacts. Nowhere it is marked that there is a small plastic to remove on this battery. But I let TV readers know that the batteries I received are not fake. 

Edited by Dario