Where to replace MACBOOK air Keyboard?

falangUK

Hi all,

Any Apple enthusiasts here?

Where to replace MACBOOK air Keyboard?

A well used MBA Mid 2011, a few keys are not working.

Buying Keyboard from ebay  and DIY = 500 baht

Buyibng a 2nd hand MBA ebay = 6000-7000 baht

Found 4 places that claimed  are able to do this for me

1. Magic Apple repair shop (Pantip plaza) = 3500 Bahts

2. Shop just before Magic Apple repair shop (Pantip plaza) = 2800 Bahts

3. Apple repair shop (Near North gate) = 3000 Bahts

4. Apple repair shop (computer plaza) = 2800 Bahts

I have used 1 before, so might give them a go :(

Any advice will be greatly appreciated :)

Jack

Excellent post, you did some work and reported it well.  There is a guy often recommended in similar topics.  He is located on a soi off Huay Kaeo between the Canal and the Uni on the right side as you go towards the Uni.  Somebody else or a previous topic will give you more detail hopefully.

Hi Guys,

You may not think this to be your best option as you're in Chiang Mai, but lots of us have been roped into Apple over the years. I've used these guys (that's a link which will take you to their website Dr MacBook) in Bangkok for the past few years, they repair and refurbish iPhones, iPads and MacBooks amongst other products (not so much of a regular customer since i found a great iPhone case ;) The business is run by Arno (speaks Dutch, German, English at the very least) and his wife Tikky in the Fico Place building, heart of Bangkok near Asoke BTS. Very professional, honest, reliable... they use Kerry Logistics to ship repaired items if you're not in Bangkok... my personal experience, they are very good and well worth a visit/call if you're having a problem with any Apple product... happy for your to drop my name if you call them (John with the big German Shepherd ;) they know me and i'm happy to refer them as they're good, reliable people...(which means more to me than price) cheers and good luck.

Genset...

I just had my iMac 27” mid-2010 repaired at Mac Cafe on Huay Kaew Road.  They’re located just up from the Canal Road intersection on the left side as you head towards CMU. I was very chagrined that Apple’s repair policy here is to refuse to work on any item over 5 years old.  Mine needed a GPU replacement and Mac Cafe was able to perform the work.  I’m sure there’s other places in the city to get older Mac products repaired. You can Google Mac Cafe easily.  Good luck.

There are plenty of places in Santitham who repair (or claim) phones/tablets/laptops. Many are located next to each other, so price competition should be good. 

To be honest, it is now a great reason to switch to an Android ;)

On October 30, 2017 at 6:47 AM, Dante99 said:

Excellent post, you did some work and reported it well.  There is a guy often recommended in similar topics.  He is located on a soi off Huay Kaeo between the Canal and the Uni on the right side as you go towards the Uni.  Somebody else or a previous topic will give you more detail hopefully.

Im the somebody else

Git 080 555 3297

Been dealing with him since he started good guy  but he's become busier over the years and may be less competitive.

Speaks passable English I think you can get a price on the phone.

Have the details ready, click the top left Apple and About This Mac

On 30/10/2017 at 5:35 AM, genset said:

Hi Guys,

You may not think this to be your best option as you're in Chiang Mai, but lots of us have been roped into Apple over the years. I've used these guys (that's a link which will take you to their website Dr MacBook) in Bangkok for the past few years, they repair and refurbish iPhones, iPads and MacBooks amongst other products (not so much of a regular customer since i found a great iPhone case ;) The business is run by Arno (speaks Dutch, German, English at the very least) and his wife Tikky in the Fico Place building, heart of Bangkok near Asoke BTS. Very professional, honest, reliable... they use Kerry Logistics to ship repaired items if you're not in Bangkok... my personal experience, they are very good and well worth a visit/call if you're having a problem with any Apple product... happy for your to drop my name if you call them (John with the big German Shepherd ;) they know me and i'm happy to refer them as they're good, reliable people...(which means more to me than price) cheers and good luck.

Genset...

Thank you Genset :),

I checked them 2990 and the fact that I have send the MBA to BKK did not sound competitive. 

On 31/10/2017 at 3:25 AM, jonwilly said:

Stick with Magic, good people to deal with and the Boss knows his job.

john

Thanks John :),

I think I will have to, I checked  other options  only because his prices have increased, and they are higher than BKK  or any others in CM

Jack

On 31/10/2017 at 11:34 AM, cheeryble said:

Im the somebody else

Git 080 555 3297

Been dealing with him since he started good guy  but he's become busier over the years and may be less competitive.

Speaks passable English I think you can get a price on the phone.

Have the details ready, click the top left Apple and About This Mac

Thanks Cheeryble :),

3000 + 2 days :) slow and expensive :)

Jack

I’d like to add a postscript to my earlier post, suggesting that the Mac Cafe on Huay Kaew Road might be a worthy Mac service center. In fact, they can perform repairs on most Macs, and indeed returned my 2010 iMac working again, but I also learned that they shipped it out to a repair service in Bangkok...whose identity was not disclosed to me. Once it came back with a replacement GPU, they did some software installation and tweaking for me.  Mac Cafe also has a large stock of second hand Macs available for sale.  I found them to be a good resource but yes, you certainly could ship your failed item to BKK yourself and possibly save some money. Kerry Logistics is a reputable shipper in this regard. 

3 hours ago, falangUK said:

Thanks Cheeryble :),

3000 + 2 days :) slow and expensive :)

Jack

Speed and price are your criteria?  How about quality of service, after service support, and warraty period?  You seem to be making a big deal over a few hundred baht and a day in the shop.

Archived