'pink eye' infection gone but vision little blurred

RickG16

Before I write this..  I am going to see an eye doctor soon,  but interested in people's experience / knowledge. 

I've been to the doctor for an eye infection (very red in one eye,  not really itchy or sticking together,  but felt like it had something in it) . After initial eye drops didn't work he gave me some stronger ones and oral antibiotics. This has cleared up the eye great after 5 days,  nearly looks normal, but when I close my 'good eye' and look out of the one that's been infected,  it is slightly more blurred than the good eye.

Is this normal in people's experience?

Cheers

I had a very bad viral conjunctivitis 15 years ago.  Went to the Moorfield eye hospital in London where the doctor put me on steroid drops.  She did this with some hesitation as once you get on these drops it's hard to get off without your vision going down.  You may be having this now.  I have very small scars on both eye lenses from the conjunctivitis.  I can smoothen them out by taking FML eye drops (light steroid) about 3 times a week.  If I stop completely after 2-3 weeks my eyesight gets markedly blurry.  It's a pain having to take these drops and getting my eye pressure measured every 4 months to control the risk, but it is what it is.  Your case doesn't sound as extreme so it may be temporary.

Anyway, go see an eye doctor.  

Archived