Thanksgiving 2017

bkk6060

Hello. Hey, it is that time again.  Any suggestions for this year?  Last year I went to a spot in Pattaya.  So, what was Thanksgiving without Turkey (they had chicken) or cranberry sauce? :(

Any good places in BKK with a true traditional Thanksgiving meal?

Thanks

Ordered thanksgiving dinner last year at restaurant bar at corner of Sukhumvit soi 11 and Sukhumvit. Some Mexican place associated with sunrise tacos. Expected nothing but turkey and food was great. Expensive as turkey is imported but great. Would do it again this year but going to USA. 

I've gone to Sunrise tacos last couple of years. Food was OK to good depending on the particular food item but slight turnoff the food looks like it was thrown on the plate reminiscent of school cafeteria food.  

Did see a sign outside Dean and Deluca's Central Embassy after Thanksgiving last year stating they offer the dinner and the price (can't remember) but as I recall thinking at the time that's only slightly more (150 baht?) more than Sunrise and I'm sure the presentation would be better. I usually go to breakfast at CE on weekends so will look or ask the staff about Thanksgiving and report back.

14 minutes ago, TomAikins said:

Check out American Bar & Grill on Sukhumvit Soi 8 right at the Nana BTS station. Turkey and all the fixings for 950 baht net including apple and pumpkin pie made from scratch. Best place in the area and definitely the least expensive.

HAHA.  Good to know I eat breakfast there sometimes.  Then, stroll across the Soi to Lolitas. :)

12 minutes ago, Thainess said:

Thanksgiving for what exactly? When you've got a m0r0n in the White House who's doing his best to destroy everything that America stands for. A wake for the dying America would be more appropriate.

More of a family tradition for me some great family memories.  I prefer not to bring politics into the equation and just enjoy the day/meal.

Archived