New legislation Smoke-Free along the beach

webfact

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

mmm i take it only farang smoke on beaches and not Thais   Does this law only apply to the  cash cows(farangs) or also to Thais? We shall see. Then again after reading cops making teenagers do 10 push -ups for not wearing helmets while riding there bikes i can see cash cows(farangs ) are the target Dont worry about not wearing helmets guys its nothing You can only lose your life if you have crash No problem

5 hours ago, Emster23 said:

Again I will ask how "beach" is defined in Thai law" does it include sidewalks? Into the street? Or is this up to police discretion and assessment of how effective a shakedown might be?

and the vendors used to supply ashtrays, cant see them doing that for the next 3 months 

I have serious doubts about the rationale behind this proposal, and whether it addresses the problem of beach pollution in any significant way at all. Whenever I've been on the beach at Cha-Am or Hua Hin ashtrays and bins were provided, and there was certainly no rubbish left behind by me; in any case, the beach chair vendors would clear up any bits that were missed. The whole thing is akin to pissing in the wind if you ask me, but I suppose it makes for nice headlines in the absence of any action that might involve real work.