Soldiers pick up 100 tons of trash from beaches around Hua Hin - army plan to dump it in ten holes

webfact

On 11/2/2017 at 11:00 AM, eliotness said:

100 tonnes of rubbish, but 10 holes to b dug. So 10 tonnes per hole.  That is NOT a internationaly recognised landfill, it's an "out of sight out of mind" dump.  My bets are there will be no compaction and the holes will be shallow.  Again Thailand scores high on the "we're only 3rd world" scale of ignorance.

And again a Thaivisa poster scores high on guessing.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/2/2017 at 11:23 AM, Media1 said:

Firstly the City Halls need full removal and all new staff and those there from family inheritance can go to BIG C. That said there useless lazy and incompetent.

Secondly the soldiers have nothing else to do anyway . Unlike US and AU regiments which contribute globally. Sorry no medals given here.

Oh, yes, the US Army, a paragon of virtue.  It contributes globally to what?

On 11/2/2017 at 11:34 AM, Gazman1 said:

I agree another thing for proper fines to be generated where ever rubbish is thrown illegally, another earner for the Government to provide services.  Will also assist in making Thailand a tourist destination as people will not be swimming through rubbish.

" Will also assist in making Thailand a tourist destination..."

I think Thailand's had that one cracked for many decades!

On 11/2/2017 at 1:34 PM, owl sees all said:

Is this for real? Or just a Junta joke!

trainers-01.jpg.d55fa6bacd18cc02d3cddd79f7562609.jpg

Are they really soldiers?

trainers-02.jpg.495b7a322010239d148a3b7f0165c097.jpg

Spent so much dosh on subs, the foot-solders (if they are) have no boots.

They not only have boots but trainers also, much better suited to the beach.

16 hours ago, tryasimight said:

What would you do?  Snap your fingers and it all magically disappears?

There are places where the pay to receive garbage.

They sort it, recycle what can be used, and the rest is either processed for chemicals or composted.

Put it in large trucks and get it to the people who can turn it into money...

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Oh, yes, the US Army, a paragon of virtue.  It contributes globally to what?

Helped protect various countries from invasion. Same a Australia as a former soldier myself I can verify it's fact. But I not interested in educational sharing

4 hours ago, Media1 said:

Helped protect various countries from invasion. Same a Australia as a former soldier myself I can verify it's fact. But I not interested in educational sharing

Invaded a few as well.  And, as a former soldier, you will also be able to verify that what the US Army contributes is not all good.

Don't worry, I'm even less interested in your doing any "educational sharing" than you are in not doing it.

Treating symptoms, not the problem. Put a 2 baht deposit on all plastic bottles and all plastic bags. If customers complain about the cost, just tell them to bring them back ..... if they will not, someone else will!

THEN try education. Meanwhile, the recycling operations will generate employment, formal and informal, for thousands more people. And save on raw materials.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2 November 2017 at 1:15 PM, dieseldave1951 said:

what a lovely job for the highly trained soldiers of the thai army, i bet they never thought they would trade their guns for a shovel and rake 

The further up in rank they go, the more they learn to shovel it and rake in the benefit. Prayuth is a perfect example

Archived