High Definition Tv Comes To Thailand

topfield

Just some news channel from Luxembourg with programmes in French, English, and German. As monty said, only seems worth it if you already have the necessary equipment. What size dish would you need for Eutelsat 5 from Thailand anyway? Also, any other satellite HDTV stations available from Thailand?

Just some news channel from Luxembourg with programmes in French, English, and German. As monty said, only seems worth it if you already have the necessary equipment. What size dish would you need for Eutelsat 5 from Thailand anyway? Also, any other satellite HDTV stations available from Thailand?

No..there are no HD sat receivers on sale here in Bangkok but can buy a set in the UK/Europe and bring it over .

Cost of HD receivers only between two hundred and three hundred pounds.Makes ?

Humax or Pace

Eutelsat 5 signal in BKK extremely strong .....a UBC sized 80CM dish probably sufficient.

Correct..only one HD prog at the moment but more will surely come and also....your HD set can be used with Blue Ray or HDTV DVD players. Finally....expats can take back and use the above HD receivers in their home EU countries.

Hope this hdtv will not catch on too quick... in the netherlands they stopped in dec 2006 all analog broadcast! everything now digital over the cable. Your antenna is useless over there.

I think you are getting muddled.

Digital does not necessarily mean High Definition TV.

HDTV is very much in its infancy in the public area.

Hope this hdtv will not catch on too quick... in the netherlands they stopped in dec 2006 all analog broadcast! everything now digital over the cable. Your antenna is useless over there.

By the end of 2007 all of US Prime-time television will be acquired in HD.

Japan is now an exclusively HD country, Europe, Korea, China and South America are following suit.

Sky in the UK is transmitting in HD and the BBC will also use this network to begin its HD Broadcasts of selected programmes by the end of 2006.

High Definition broadcast will soon be global so any programmes that are produced now in Super 16 or Digi Beta will have a very short lifespan.

Can't be fun working as a commentator on a HD channel...

I mean even the tinyest little acne will show up, not mentioning people zooming in on it :o

thats where the camera assistant with a monitor comes in and the pimple is usually smoothed out using a Schneider classic soft 1/4 filter

Can't be fun working as a commentator on a HD channel...

I mean even the tinyest little acne will show up, not mentioning people zooming in on it :D

thats where the camera assistant with a monitor comes in and the pimple is usually smoothed out using a Schneider classic soft 1/4 filter

Aha !

But if I buy a HD set, I want to see the pimple !

There are lots and lots of interesting stuff one can zoom in on. :o

Actually giones, astral is more correct. What's being stopped/discontinued in many countries is analog broadcasts. They are being replaced by digital broadcasts, which may or may not be in HD (they have the ability to be in HD, unlike analog). There is really too much SD equipment and footage around to spell the death knell for SD just yet, even in the countries which have adopted HD the earliest (like Japan).

The subject of this thread is a bit misleading... HD hasn't actually come to Thailand.. it's more like Thailand is getting the fringe scraps of countries which do have HD. Thailand itself has no concrete plan on HD/digital programming. Even UBC would have to do a lot to get HD going. Since they're already in dire financial straits with their current overpriced SD programming, I highly doubt they will be going HD anytime soon, if ever.

HD broadcast in Thailand?.. not likely, at least not within this 10 years.

HD TV being sold in Thailand?.. sure thing, good for DVD's, Home video's, etc.

I think at the moment the cost of pushing HD broadcasting in Thailand will be too high, both for the providers and consumers.

I think US is in 2008 or 2009. I'm enjoying watching my footage from my Sony HD Camcorder on my TV...also XBox 360 looks amazing.

Plus if one has a HDMI connection you can get a DVD player that will upscale regular DVD's. Most people can't tell a difference if the TV isn't too big.

I'm not investing in any equipment for crappy free TV from Europe. I'd say we're still a ways off here. I am seeing more Thai TV cres running around with the Sony FX1 and Z1 so maybe they're building up some footage, but I'm not holding my breath. I would actually hold off if I wasn't gaming if I was most people as all but the CRT's actually look worse in Standard Def.

Paul

I think we will see HDTV in Thailand within 2 years, if not from UBC then from someone else. UBC have already bought up the rights to lots of HD content, doubt they will have done that if they had no wish to broadcast it except in SD.

I'd probably be willing to pay 4-5k per month for a good selection of HD channels as would others I believe.

Think he may have just meant c/o from Analog to Digital....HD is still a bit of the way off.... :o

Here in the UK most areas have on a roll programe up until 2012 to do the changeover before the Government pulls the plug on all Ani station transmissions.

In my "manor"(part of day job) I have 28,000 to do once we have agreed on format.....

I know it but cant say?? :D

Actually giones, astral is more correct. What's being stopped/discontinued in many countries is analog broadcasts. They are being replaced by digital broadcasts, which may or may not be in HD (they have the ability to be in HD, unlike analog). There is really too much SD equipment and footage around to spell the death knell for SD just yet, even in the countries which have adopted HD the earliest (like Japan).

The subject of this thread is a bit misleading... HD hasn't actually come to Thailand.. it's more like Thailand is getting the fringe scraps of countries which do have HD. Thailand itself has no concrete plan on HD/digital programming. Even UBC would have to do a lot to get HD going. Since they're already in dire financial straits with their current overpriced SD programming, I highly doubt they will be going HD anytime soon, if ever.

By the end of 2007 all of US Prime-time television will be acquired in HD.

Japan is now an exclusively HD country, Europe, Korea, China and South America are following suit.

Sky in the UK is transmitting in HD and the BBC will also use this network to begin its HD Broadcasts of selected programmes by the end of 2006.

High Definition broadcast will soon be global so any programmes that are produced now in Super 16 or Digi Beta will have a very short lifespan.

Firefox, if you read my posting it says Prime-time television will be acquired in HD.

I have not shot anything on SDI in the last two years all my contract has been on HDCam.

They have had lots of Thai sourced programmes of late on here (Lux TV) as well. Although the programming is in a loop, but this is not the first HDTVhere in Thailand or on this satellite.

The Winter games last year were also in full 1080i HD and wow it was great to watch.

Dish size: 75cm (use an old UBC dish) or larger if so desired

LNB: Universial (can not use the UBC LNB but they are only THB600 for a new one)

Other HD satellite stations on;

Chinastar 1 C band

Asiasat 4 C band

Enjoy.

not so in the US and UK. Although UBC hasn't even got an EPG let alone HD :o

Sorry my browser does not do Thai (so plese excuse the weird chr$) but UBC have really got epg and my web version shows now on BBCE;

BBCE

14.01.2007 13:45 DOCTOR WHO (SEASON 1)

Genre: n/a

14.01.2007 14:30 SILENT WITNESS (SEASON 7)

Genre: n/a

Working on high profile and controversial cases, a pathologist, Dr Sam Ryan, pieces together the tragedies that tear people's lives apart.īÍĄāĩÍÃė áŦÁ äÃÍŅđ žŲéāŠÕčÂĮŠŌ­īéŌđÍŌÂØÃāĮ· ÁŅĄäīéÃŅšÁÍšËÁŌ ãËéÃŅšžÔīŠÍšĪīÕãË­čæ áÅÐĪīÕÍŨéÍĐŌĮ áÅÐĩéͧŧÐĩÔīŧÐĩčÍâČĄđŌŊĄÃÃÁ ·Õč·ÓãËéžŲéĪđĩéͧáĩĄáÂĄ