Video: What does the future hold for Thailand in relation to the booming Chinese tourist numbers?

I think its very good. Less sex tourists. Less of the trashy farang tourists.  A lot of the farang bar brothels will close down and the pimps who run them will go home. Pattaya will attract tourists who want to see a city of utter decadence and  Crime capital of the world!

I have spoken to a number of Chinese from economic backgrounds, many in general tell me aside from being in a tour group wouldn't come back alone or in smaller groups. Sure it is cheaper and many like the smaller resort towns with much cleaner beaches but as far as Pattaya and Bangkok there isn't anything we can't get in Hong Kong or China. 

I bumped into a Chinese couple at the Thappasit night market and overheard them say why should they buy these fake Nike etc,, they are all over the place at home?

On Friday, November 03, 2017 at 7:37 AM, gamini said:

I think its very good. Less sex tourists. Less of the trashy farang tourists.  A lot of the farang bar brothels will close down and the pimps who run them will go home. Pattaya will attract tourists who want to see a city of utter decadence and  Crime capital of the world!

You are either taking far too little or far too much medication !

On 11/3/2017 at 3:45 PM, thailand49 said:

I have spoken to a number of Chinese from economic backgrounds, many in general tell me aside from being in a tour group wouldn't come back alone or in smaller groups. Sure it is cheaper and many like the smaller resort towns with much cleaner beaches but as far as Pattaya and Bangkok there isn't anything we can't get in Hong Kong or China. 

I bumped into a Chinese couple at the Thappasit night market and overheard them say why should they buy these fake Nike etc,, they are all over the place at home?

Asia is a huge land mass with many living a long way from the coast, there will always be a demand for low cost seaside holidays. With the potential numbers involved, people need never return and the numbers could still increase.

Several years ago TAT announced they would no longer promote tourism in the west but concentrate on the east.

5 hours ago, sandyf said:

Asia is a huge land mass with many living a long way from the coast, there will always be involved, people need never return and the numbers could still increase.

Several years ago TAT announced they would no longer promote tourism in the west but concentrate on the east.

You might be right, as we know China is huge but but the majority of Chinese tourist that people are seeing today and which the Thais complain heavily in the past are the factories workers who are getting free or inexpensive tours from their employers for work rewards. Majority of have never been out of the country and the tours controls their movement and passport.  The better off Chinese venture in smaller groups and get around on their own to more resort type locations.

Just my opinions, TAT sing the happen tune they want but Thailand reputation will soon catch up with them and the large Chinese numbers will slowly reduce that is the reason TAT wants now quality tourist, one's who spend more and that are the middle class Chinese.

47 minutes ago, CNXBKKMAN said:

Its early days in the chinese tourism boom. Thailand will be what Spain is to europeans. Numbers will easily double and triple over the next 10 years or so.

Agree in principle regarding Asian tourists but the Chinese appear to have leveled off, down about 3 percent this year. Korea however is up around 60% and Vietnam & India up about 23% each.

Noticeable reductions in Russia and UK being around 25% and 15 % respectively, no figure for the US.

http://www.atta.or.th/?p=4019

• 1 month later...