10 year old Work permit can not renew have to get New workpermit

I am told by my book keeper I need to apply for a new  permit because mine is over 10 years old and they won't renew Work Permits over 10 years old.

I am also told that you must pay taxes on each job description in the Work Permit

I have had a work permit continually since 1993.

Is the new law? I am renewing my work permit this month.

The only records they have is my old work permit book stapled to my "New Book" the old on was falling apart.

They say they can not find my records!

I have my records going all the way back to when I set up my company and applied for my work permit.

are these new requirements?

Thanks

I think you need a new book keeper.

1 hour ago, ksamuiguy said:

I am also told that you must pay taxes on each job description in the Work Permit

This is completely incorrect. You pay taxes on the total salary you receive, regardless of what your job description is or how it is worded. The revenue department couldn't care less what your job descriptions(s) is/are. All they care about is that you pay your tax according to the schedule set out here:

http://www.rd.go.th/publish/6045.0.html

As for having to get a new work permit after 10 years? I've never heard of that. It might be true in your district, it might not be. Considering the major amount of hassle it's going to entail, I suggest you get someone different to go to the Ministry of Labour and ask on your behalf.

• 1 month later...

I just renewed my soon to 10 years old work permit in may 2018 ( back then work permit extension were only 3 month at once) i always do most of the company paperwork by myself by the way , renewal went through without a problem.

When i brought it to the accountant to be photocopied and stored in my file, i was met with strange looks as i was told such an old work permit should have been changed as it's according to them 10 years old, i pointed to the initial date which is may 2008 and said it's not yet 10 years old.

I'm on koh samui, i just went to penang to get another non-B multiple entry and no problem at all either.

Would you by any chance also be on samui or at least in surat thani province?

My question if i was forced to change it next year is what would happen with the salary thing, mine is still 30K allowing me to pay only 500 baht a month personal income tax.

Edited by NHJ