BMW Group Thailand unveils all-new BMW 630d Gran Turismo M Sport

BMW Group Thailand unveils all-new BMW 630d Gran Turismo M Sport

9d91fc90f5c8b266f9b5eb7de002e424.jpeg

BMW Group Thailand has passed yet another milestone of success and innovation in the premium automobile segment with the launch of the all-new BMW 630d Gran Turismo M Sport, the extensively updated successor to one of the most creative vehicle concepts of recent years.

President Stefan Teuchert said on Monday: “In light of the upcoming ‘Motor Expo 2017’, we are delighted to introduce yet another new addition to our line-up – one that takes pride in both state-of-the-art automotive innovation and a sophisticated outlook. The all-new BMW 630d Gran Turismo M Sport is a perfect concoction of luxurious comfort and functionality, wrapped up in elegant design.  

“The sporty and dynamic characteristics offer our Thai customers sheer driving pleasure in long-distance journeys, while retaining the best of comfort and alluring coupe style.” 

The impressive functionality offered by this body format and the high standards of driving comfort and spaciousness that provide the ideal setting for a relaxing journey are among the features that defined the character of the model’s predecessor – the founder of this vehicle genre.  

These strengths have now been further honed in the new BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo, whose systematic evolution from the BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo is particularly evident in the new model’s sporting elegance, highly advanced equipment features, innovative control and assistance systems – and a leap forward in dynamism and efficiency.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30330951

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-06

On 11/7/2017 at 12:08 PM, ExpatOilWorker said:

I don't get it!

It is a 6-series Grand Turismo M Sport, that is screaming naughty sporty, then why stick a diesel engine in it?

SURPRISE!

turbodiesel with a torque of 620 newtonmeter!

compare that with the torque of a 740i (447nm) and weep :smile:

EcigAmateur said:

Because so many ridiculous people believe that a car with a diesel engine is still a car...

because so many wannabe engineers and eggsburts look at fictitious horsepower which is irrelevant if it's not backed up by high torque available at medium engine revs.

oh well... :crying:

going back a few years the 330d coupe was faster than the petrol 3l in everything except 0 to 60 time. I have a petrol car now but I love the torque of a diesel engine. I used to have a 1.5 td vauxhall nova 3 door and loved pissing off xr2's etc with a car car that could nearly reach 120mph and still give 65mpg and it wasn't a sport model it was a base model so maybe light weight.

3 hours ago, Naam said:

because so many wannabe engineers and eggsburts look at fictitious horsepower which is irrelevant if it's not backed up by high torque available at medium engine revs.

oh well... :crying:

Audi & 24 hr racing

10 hours ago, sandrabbit said:

I have a petrol car now but I love the torque of a diesel engine.

without turbo charging a Diesel can't compete with a naturally aspirated gasoline engine of same displacement (exceptions prove of course the rule). personally i consider the technical development of turbo diesels  fantastic as far as torque and horsepower is concerned and that combined with extremely low consumption.

2 hours ago, Naam said:

without turbo charging a Diesel can't compete with a naturally aspirated gasoline engine of same displacement (exceptions prove of course the rule). personally i consider the technical development of turbo diesels  fantastic as far as torque and horsepower is concerned and that combined with extremely low consumption.

I agree, but really, who cares consumption when buying a 10 MB car ? not me ! and I will never buy a Diesel at such price.

24 minutes ago, EcigAmateur said:

I agree, but really, who cares consumption when buying a 10 MB car ? not me ! and I will never buy a Diesel at such price.

I would, I love the characteristics of a diesel engine.

4 hours ago, EcigAmateur said:

that reminds me of a time many rainy seasons ago when i was living in Frankfurt and had to go quite often to Munich (distance 400km). driving full blast (average >200km/h) took longer than driving slightly slower because i had to fill up on a crowded autobahn service station 60-80km before reaching Munich which took up to 20 minutes. car 928S, tank contents 82 liters, consumption when flooring the pedal 24-25 liters/100km.

nowadays i'm impressed going with my wife's Mercedes (twin turbo1.900cc, 230 hp, weight 1.865kg) to Bangkok and back, consumption 4.6-4.9 liters/100km. it's not a matter of saving money i just admire the technology achieved. 

4 minutes ago, Naam said:

that reminds me of a time many rainy seasons ago when i was living in Frankfurt and had to go quite often to Munich (distance 400km). driving full blast (average >200km/h) took longer than driving slightly slower because i had to fill up on a crowded autobahn service station 60-80km before reaching Munich which took up to 20 minutes. car 928S, tank contents 82 liters, consumption when flooring the pedal 24-25 liters/100km.

nowadays i'm impressed going with my wife's Mercedes (twin turbo1.900cc, 230 hp, weight 1.865kg) to Bangkok and back, consumption 4.6-4.9 liters/100km. it's not a matter of saving money i just admire the technology achieved. 

Yes, all new Benz engines are good, does she drive a c-class ? I think only c-class have so small engines ?

5 hours ago, EcigAmateur said:

Yes, all new Benz engines are good, does she drive a c-class ? I think only c-class have so small engines ?

no, she drives a CLS, much bigger and heavier than an C. you find the 1900cc twin turbo diesel in all Mercedes models called "250" no matter whether C, E or CLS.

2 hours ago, Naam said:

no, she drives a CLS, much bigger and heavier than an C. you find the 1900cc twin turbo diesel in all Mercedes models called "250" no matter whether C, E or CLS.

Thank you, but I didn't know that a CLS had a so small engine, just like the C-class.

Is it an old model ? Now all CLS have 2143 engine.

CLS 250 d Exclusive 2,143 4,090,000 1,023,000 40,900 1,431,500

CLS 250 d AMG Premium 2,143 4,690,000 1,173,000 46,900 1,641,500

CLS 250 d Shooting Brake AMG Premium 2,143 4,790,000 1,198,000 47,900 1,580,700

https://www.mercedes-benz.co.th/content/media_library/thailand/mpc_thailand/BBDO_Thailand/Price_List/price_list_2017_en.object-Single-MEDIA.tmp/PriceList_1Nov_en_wh.pdf

1 minute ago, Naam said:

i was wrong! just checked it's a 2.143cc engine, twin turbo 220hp, 500Nm torque.

I still miss my 2009 BMW 320d LCI. I had it tuned, and around 210hp and 450nm. It was faster than most 'normal' cars at any red light. 

I recently bought a 325i, with a straight six'er. 225hp, but much slower. There is no power before you reach 5-6K RPM. But that car already passed away in the recent BKK shock flooding... 

Edited by mortenaa

11 hours ago, EcigAmateur said:

Thank you, but I didn't know that a CLS had a so small engine, just like the C-class.

Is it an old model ? Now all CLS have 2143 engine.

CLS 250 d Exclusive 2,143 4,090,000 1,023,000 40,900 1,431,500

CLS 250 d AMG Premium 2,143 4,690,000 1,173,000 46,900 1,641,500

CLS 250 d Shooting Brake AMG Premium 2,143 4,790,000 1,198,000 47,900 1,580,700

https://www.mercedes-benz.co.th/content/media_library/thailand/mpc_thailand/BBDO_Thailand/Price_List/price_list_2017_en.object-Single-MEDIA.tmp/PriceList_1Nov_en_wh.pdf

CLS is a very nice car. Even as a committed BMW fan, I must admit the BMW 6-series is no match for the selection of CLS Mercedes offer in Thailand.

It is interesting that the CLS350 with the 3.5 l engine and CLS55 with the 5.5 l engine are no longer available in Thailand. Probably because of the new tax structure.

1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

It is interesting that the CLS350 with the 3.5 l engine and CLS55 with the 5.5 l engine are no longer available in Thailand. Probably because of the new tax structure.

available at very competitive grey market prices.

1 hour ago, Naam said:

available at very competitive grey market prices.

Competitive ? Usually you just get more options for the same price, but I still prefer to buy from Benz, especially when knowing what kind of cheating rats are most car importers in Thailand.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Dagnabbit said:

Engine noise & vibration on a diesel always exceeds the gasoline option.

yes, if you have a 20 year old Diesel. listen to one of the newer Mercedes, Audi or BMW Diesel engines and repent. :smile:

yes, if you have a 20 year old Diesel. listen to one of the newer Mercedes, Audi or BMW Diesel engines and repent. [emoji2]
Nope I test drove the diesel and gasoline 5 series very recently. Gasoline version was silent at low revs and throaty when you floored it.

The diesel version was audible all the time. Dont see the point of having a luxury car and putting up with that raquet - especially with the low price of fuel here. Between my Benz & BMW here, we pay less than 4,000 a week in fuel.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Dagnabbit said:

The fact is, they sound awful. Always remind me of ice cream vans as a kid.

Engine noise & vibration on a diesel always exceeds the gasoline option.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

And the fact is, I love the characteristics.

Seems we like different things.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/11/2017 at 2:17 PM, EcigAmateur said:

Competitive ? Usually you just get more options for the same price, but I still prefer to buy from Benz, especially when knowing what kind of cheating rats are most car importers in Thailand.

In Thailand, there  are cheating rats even in official dealerships... :smile: