Gym workout and protein intake

Polanskiman

8 hours ago, transam said:

As the OP wants to lose weight and shape up I would have thought lowering calorie intake would be better as long as a high percentage of his calories are protein based.

The highest percentage initially needs to be good carbs to build the muscle and provide the energy. The protein can increase in the later months but it’s not that necessary. Protein remains consistent throughout but the cabs and fats will need to be adjusted  as he progresses. Just getting in shape and being well defined and cut are two different things imo. I was still pretty fit when I was a 94kg and didn’t really look overweight.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Polanskiman said:

Bought cottage cheese. Eat it. Nearly vomited it. :sick:

Any specific way of eating that so called cheese in a manner not to produce nausea?

add salt, pepper, chillies, garlic, cumin seed and mix.

Who is that transam?

Yeh I don’t like cottage cheese on its own. I mix with frozen blueberries and have a scoop of peanut butter, that tastes pretty good, or replace it with Greek yoghurt. Your right about the salt content of cc. If you don’t like something don’t eat it. I don’t really get on with sweet potatoes so I eat white same with brown rice, tastes like cardboard so I have the spicy ones or white. 

10 minutes ago, Jim P said:

Who is that transam?

Yeh I don’t like cottage cheese on its own. I mix with frozen blueberries and have a scoop of peanut butter, that tastes pretty good, or replace it with Greek yoghurt. Your right about the salt content of cc. If you don’t like something don’t eat it. I don’t really get on with sweet potatoes so I eat white same with brown rice, tastes like cardboard so I have the spicy ones or white. 

That's Clint Walker as written on the picture :wink:. Actor and singer according to Google.

Will try with the berries which I have in the freezer and some peanut butter I bought recently. Hopefully that will make the trick. :clap2:

Edited by Polanskiman

5 hours ago, transam said:

My hero, no Arnie but this guy did weights to achieve what he wanted, and at 6'5" too he got it right...

walkerc01.jpg.d19931bb0153f1d354365a6d1b0a1482.jpg

Hmmm.  You like the way he looks, his body?

Did he write that to you?

Many rumors in Hollywood about him being gay.

Not that it matters of course......

16 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Hmmm.  You like the way he looks, his body?

Did he write that to you?

Many rumors in Hollywood about him being gay.

Not that it matters of course......

For me the way he looks is great, for sure not over the top, wish l looked like that..

He was married three times, one wife died, one he divorced...Has one daughter...:stoner:

It is a Net photo....5a07d5bb0265d_clintwalkershirtless1.png.6339b77edc37e672be1b640cb6d78f8c.png

On 11/9/2017 at 6:41 AM, bkk6060 said:

Do you know how women think and what they want in this regard?

Of course,  99% of women want to lose weight, not gain muscle. 

Lower scale numbers is nirvana for them.

Um, yes, I do, actually.  Well enough to know that your "99%" figure is off.  And since my coworker and I had discussed her workouts before and she was happy to be getting stronger and well chuffed every time she told me she was lifting heavier, this was indeed one of her goals.  At any rate, the point about building muscle was that it explained why she wasn't "losing weight" according to the scale.  She was fixated on this despite the fact that she admitted she was actually smaller in size... which was her true goal, not her weight.  I'm afraid you missed the point of my post entirely.

FACT: You don't need any extra protein if you're doing workouts, unless you're a vegetarian/vegan. You can get all the protein you need from meat, unless you're a hardcore bodybuilder. Powdered protein supplements are EXTREMELY unhealthy, unnatural products that, over the years, will destroy your kidneys leaving you eventually on dialysis for the rest of your life. The body can only process a certain amount of protein. Above that normal level, protein is toxic to the liver and kidneys. That's why on average competitive bodybuilders die 25 years younger than the average non-bodybuilder male. Besides, why would you want to do that in Thailand? Asian women don't like men with big muscles. They prefer a man with a slim, more feminine look. 

6 hours ago, Thainess said:

FACT: You don't need any extra protein if you're doing workouts, unless you're a vegetarian/vegan. You can get all the protein you need from meat, unless you're a hardcore bodybuilder. Powdered protein supplements are EXTREMELY unhealthy, unnatural products that, over the years, will destroy your kidneys leaving you eventually on dialysis for the rest of your life. The body can only process a certain amount of protein. Above that normal level, protein is toxic to the liver and kidneys. That's why on average competitive bodybuilders die 25 years younger than the average non-bodybuilder male. Besides, why would you want to do that in Thailand? Asian women don't like men with big muscles. They prefer a man with a slim, more feminine look. 

Not contradicting what you are saying but all that seems pretty vague. What is normal level according to you or science?

As for the 'average competitive bodybuilders dying 25 years younger than the average non-bodybuilder male' where did you get that figure from? Honestly I think that although sustained ingestion of protein is bad in the long term I would guess that those bodybuilders are mostly dying younger due to the steroids, hormones and all the enhancers meant for animals. In fact not only that but also due to and I quote from here:

- Long term exposure to intense cycles of pumping, bulking, cutting, excessive cardio

- supplementing, dieting, chemical fat burners, steroid use, carb loading

- pre contest dieting, post contest feeding

- and everything else that comes with this activity

Blaming the protein alone is just off in my opinion and I'm in no way going to do what these guys do.

Now regarding your question about wanting to have a good body in Thailand, I am not too sure what to say here but I am not doing this for women but rather for myself. I don't give a rats ass what 'Asian' women like or not in terms of male physic. I can tell you though that woman in general do like muscles maybe not Arni style but they love seing a fit man rather than a pig. Just saying.

Edited by Polanskiman

7 hours ago, Thainess said:

What are you talking about ? It's dangerous after 30 years for people taking 300g a day.

Thinking that taking 20 or 40 a day is dangerous, is plain ridiculous.

hahahaha, I Thai don't like muscle ? I rather think that they have no choice with you...

Because I can confirm you that they love guys that do not look so female like their dad ! So they like big muscles just like most women in the world, OF COURSE.