Pensioner continues her pursuit of love

webfact

Pensioner continues her pursuit of love

By The Nation

A 65-year-old woman in Ubon Ratchathani's Pibul Mangsahan district, who put up a sign on the gate of her house seeking a good-looking pensioner boyfriend, on Tuesday confirmed that she has not yet been successful, despite speculation on some Thai social media pages.

Divorcee Sompong Chomphupraphet said there was a misunderstanding and the man whose appeared with her in a photo that the Facebook page "Me Dan Bok Duay Rayong" (https://www.facebook.com/MeDanBok.RaYong/) had posted on Sunday was not her new boyfriend.

"Even though I am old, I won't fall in love with anyone in a day," she said. The man in the picture, whose name she also did not know, just showed up at her door as a fan to congratulate her for such a bold move to find love.

"He just asked for a photo souvenir as a fan," she said adding she had no idea how the photo leaked to the Internet.

"I still can't find the right man. And I want people to stop sharing such pictures and messages as it could affect that man's family," Sompong said.

She admitted that she was quite choosy when it comes to love because she wanted the right man, a good-looking pensioner of appropriate age with a monthly income of more than Bt20,000 and is not too overweight or underweight.

She said that a man had contacted her by phone and passed her initial expectation so she was prepared to meet him. But when she learned that he weighted only 49 kilograms, she decided call it off because he would be too thin.

Sompong's boyfriend-recruiting sign, which reads "woman 65, needs boyfriend between 60-70 years old (widow),

pensioner, who is good and sincere and has good health. Interested persons, please contact here," made headlines last week.

Sompong said that she was once married to an Air Force officer, who fathered her two children. After divorcing him, she married a German and stayed with him in Germany for 13 years. She returned to Thailand and lived alone and wanted to live with someone during the final days of her life.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30331017

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-07