Mrt - Baggage Check

JCCR6

The last couple of days I've been coming to work I've had my bag checked at the entrance to MRT stations. The stairs have been roped off, so you're forced to use the escalator.

Has this been the case since New Year? Has there been a bomb threat directed at the MRT system?

The last couple of days I've been coming to work I've had my bag checked at the entrance to MRT stations. The stairs have been roped off, so you're forced to use the escalator.

Has this been the case since New Year? Has there been a bomb threat directed at the MRT system?

They were doing this on ENTRY to the building at the airport also. Does anyone know if they are still doing this?

I wrote exactly the same on another thread earlier this morning. My bag was checked for the first time on Wednesday on the MRT, but there had been a uniformed security guard present before. Then, and also yesterday, they were having a brief look inside everyone's bag as you enter the MRT station.

First reaction was good - I feel a bit safer, but why has it taken so long for this to happen, some 10 days after the events of New Year? Does it mean something else is expected ? Let's hope and pray nothing serious happens.