Language Exchange Partner In Bkk?

OliverKlozerof

I studied some at a wat in the USA and took 20 hours at Somchart school, but have recently slacked off. I'd like to find an educated, mature Thai who is interested in doing a language exchange with me. (I did this when I lived in Japan, and it worked well.) We'd probably speak one hour English, then one hour Thai (or something similar). I also teach guitar and Macintosh computer, in case someone would rather learn about those things during their hour.

If you, or someone you know is interested, pls PM me.

Thanks,

DP

Interesting but not sure about the time.

You're a native speaker, right? the thing is my english is not too bad but i often have languistic questions, for example, what's the difference among award, reward, and prize? (i know what they mean) and i think only native speakers can answer me....?? Sometimes it could be harder or more strange. so not sure whether i'm qualified for the person you are looking for.

You're a native speaker, right? the thing is my english is not too bad but i often have languistic questions, for example, what's the difference among award, reward, and prize? (i know what they mean) and i think only native speakers can answer me....?? Sometimes it could be harder or more strange. so not sure whether i'm qualified for the person you are looking for.

In any language words can overlap in their meaning.

A Nobel prize is an award which recipients could

regard as a reward for their efforts.

If you need a difference between such words

you need to look for their commonest contextual usage.

An award is usually a symbolic recognition of an

exceptional act or achievement.

A reward is usually offered as an incentive to

assist in a criminal's apprehension or the

return of something lost.

A prize is usually won by a participant in a lottery

or competition.

Hope this helps.

:o

To farangsay, cheers for explanation. I've got the answer from my british friend already but good to read yours too esp. "A Nobel prize is an award which recipients could regard as a reward for their efforts." This is a good sentence:-).

Before this, i misunderstood about how to use 'prize' because my English teacher misunderstood so she/he taught me wrong. He/she said prize is an award in the form of money. I think it's correct but not 100%, right? Prize could be sth which is not money too. And I just knew this after talking to a native english speaking friend. So it comes to the question i just made.

Above all, thank you.

You think wrong mate. Anyone with good command on language can answer this and not just so-called native speakers. :o