Don Muang road repairs delat 3 hours?

Batty

Hello people.  Im planning on flying to Don Muang from Udon, landing at DM lunchtime this Friday 10th and then cabbing to Koh San or Sukhumvit for the weekend.  Then leave DM for Udon at lunchtime, or maybe 2pm Sunday.

So land DM Friday lunch, depart DM Friday lunch.  Taxi to and from Koh San or Suk.

The wife said there are new roadworks around the DM area as of the 4th of this month so we are 5 days into that - with the authorities issuing 3 hours of traffic just in and around DM.  Any experienced this?  Must be torture if true.

Usualy a cab to Koh San or Suk would be 30 mins that time of day.  What do you think I might be looking at with these new road repairs?  She said the Tam Duan is out of action and you have to snake through Bangkok inner roads to get anywhere is that right?

Just need to decide weather to bother or not!

Cheers

Batty

i'm trying to get clarification on this construction also.  i read one article that suggested taking the tollway to DMK, rather than the lower level highway (non toll).  i know the entrance ramp to DMK from the lower level is being removed (so you can't use that one now).  but the article seemed to imply the entrance ramp to DMK from the tollway is still operational.  hopefully someone can confirm.  i fly out next week.

i have been told by a colleague who lives near amari airport hotel that it's the lower part of vibhavadi that will be affected. it's the on-ramp that turns into the international airport that has been closed. the off-ramp that descends from the elevated uttaraphimuk tollway (that turns into the long-term parking lot) remains open.

Absolutely nothing to worry about...they are demolishing a ramp to the airport everything is under control....add five minutes to you trip...In a taxi you wont even realise.

I did the trip yesterday.

Edit to add...from Soi 4,,,Sukumvit  to DM

Edited by tryasimight

6 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Guys,

Will that affect travelling from DM to Suvarnabhumi on the 24th as I have an international flight to catch and need to get this sorted.

you should be okay.  the removed ramp is an entrance to DMK.  it appears that the exit is okay.  i've been checking traffic as i use DMK at least once a month.  and i've only noticed congestion going north/to airport.  you'll be going south.  of course there is always the regular traffic that can be avoided somewhat by taking the tollway to BKK.

i left the asoke/sukhumvit area at 10:30am today (monday).  got to the tollway entrance on sukhumvit at 10:50am.  arrived DMK via tollway at 11:10am.  so no delays at all assuming you use the tollway.  50thb toll at first booth.  70thb toll at the second. 

You can take the road Song Prapa, the one that Waht Don Muang corners, and go to the other expressway from that [udonrattaya] from that. That's the easiest alternative route into the city and carries much less traffic than the main route. It's usually a bit quicker.