True Visions

hellyes2oo2

I have had true visions for my television viewing for 14 years, but my home phone and internet was from TOT. Although TOT wasn't spectacularly fast it was pretty reliable. Anyway I recently got a new computer, and just after i had bought it, we got a call from a true visions rep, asking if we would like to get our internet from them. They explained that it was hi speed, and as everything including our wi-fi, and tv would come through the one connection, it would be much better for us. They assured us that in the future no matter how hard it rained we would not lose our tv reception, and our home phone would also come from them. I agreed and within 2 days they came and fitted everything. Since then i have had nothing but problems, my tv takes anything upto 2 hours before we get a signal when we turn it on in the morning, and on certain channels like CNN and BBC news the picture keeps freezing or going on and off, and the message appears on the screen that the connection needs to be checked. my computer is actually slower than it was with TOT, and i am also experiencing difficulties getting on some sites and again the screen keeps freezing. I have called True a half a dozen times in the last few days, and got no help at all. I was wondering if anyone else is having any problems with them. I live just outside of Sisaket. cheers

You believed something told to you over the phone by someone in Thailand?  I think there is a lesson there for you.

Secondly I would cancel the contract, remove True Visions, and shop around to get the best high-speed internet service available, and use only on-line services (check posts on TV - plenty). Actually, get the internet service first, and once it works, then ditch True Visions.

And remember - Consumer Protection Laws in Thailand are not worth the toilet paper they are written on, and every business knows that, and every Expat eventually realises that they know that too.  And most Expats also learn that it is not lying to Thais - it is saying what is needed to get the business - you hansum like yung man - luv u long time :smile:

Customer service at Truevisions seems to be aimed at humiliating the customer. I didn't even get a reply to my cheery Sawasdee last time I visited, when I was still trying to make things work. I enquired about paying the full monthly bill when we had had no TV for three weeks and got sneered at.

The final straw was when they misinformed me as to how to set up a monthly debit account and then for them to decide that there was too little on that account for it to be used. (I just put enough in there for stuff like this)

Gone, gone, gone ;long ago and neither they nor I care.

Ubonjoe, as turning off the power and cleaning the card is true's answer to all problems, i tried that several times in the last few days, and it made absolutely no difference. anyway am now talking to  a guy from Pulse tv. to get a box of him. does anyone have pulse.

19 minutes ago, hellyes2oo2 said:

Ubonjoe, as turning off the power and cleaning the card is true's answer to all problems, i tried that several times in the last few days, and it made absolutely no difference. anyway am now talking to  a guy from Pulse tv. to get a box of him. does anyone have pulse.

OP,  pulse tv still requires an internet connection, if you plug into the true internet thats not great, the same problems.

OP, if you want to get to the bottom of things, it may help to work out what the problems are. Currently your internet and TV comes in on one coax cable, if you have no TV and no internet at the same time then that would be a cable or connection problem. The status of both services can be seen by looking at the leds on the boxes.

If tv is ok but internet is off or vica versa then that would indicate your connection is ok and a true network problem.

Dependant on local power supply, on/off, brownouts etc it may be nessisary to reboot the boxes sometimes. You mention turning on/off the TV waiting for a signal, this wont have any effect on the service, or reset the boxes.

A channel freezing up may have nothing to do with your end, if they all freeze up then its your end.

24 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

As said it appears your internet service is not good - what speeds is it supposed to be and what do you get if you check?  True speed test will not run on my computer using Chrome or Edge so you may want to try this.

http://beta.speedtest.net/

That is the speed test by Ookla that I use. I have their app installed on my computer as well.

I have a 50/5 True internet package and just got 62.82 mbps down and up of 6.62. It consistently tests in that range.

I appreciate all your replies. Firstly let me say i am completely ignorant of anything to do with computer speeds and anything technical concerning computers. all i know is i pay and expect good service. they advertise 4g hi speed and i am certainly not getting hi speed. before my tv was ok, only going off when it rained heaviley. now on certain channels when i first turn on, apart from taking a long time to actually get a signal. it is flicking on/off and the picture sometimes freezes. this goes on for sometimes 1 hour, sometimes a few hours. But my computer gets a signal immediately.i have seen these tv boxes advertised on here from different people, some are an outright buy of 4,000 baht, and no monthly payment. others are pay 2,000 baht for the box and pay about 1000 baht a month. but all say they have all tv channels from the uk, and all sports channels. i only watch mainly news channels, but sports channels are a must for me. my question about these boxes are that it seems i have to run a cable from my computer to the box by my tv, but my computer is quite a long way from my tv, so it would seem that i would have to run cables along the walls or floor and this would mean drilling holes through walls, and having unsitely cables showing. is there any other way of doing this that dosen't mean me having these cables. 

4G is phone service - are you using a line into your home or obtaining signal from a telephone system?  All you need to do is enter the above web site and click on OK to obtain a speed test result and then you could post it here if actually using a line (coax or fiber or even land line phone cable.

1 hour ago, hellyes2oo2 said:

before my tv was ok, only going off when it rained heaviley.

So before you were receiving TrueVision via a satellite dish?

1 hour ago, hellyes2oo2 said:

others are pay 2,000 baht for the box and pay about 1000 baht a month.

Had a problem with TrueVision a few weeks back. I couldn't get my local guy to sort out the problem so we called out some guy from Buriram. I was told I had to pay their petrol money. They came out and changed my box free of charge. And installed a new LNB on the dish. Total cost, 650ish Baht.

OP,  pulse tv still requires an internet connection, if you plug into the true internet thats not great, the same problems.

I have Pulse, but as stated above, if you don't have a good internet connection you will have problems.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Last year we signed up for the 799bht fibre 30mbs internet, phone sim and TV. No real complaints on the service. Recently lost our connection. Rang in the morning, guy came that afternoon. Cause of problem, another company had knocked our cable out. 

I suffered through 3 years of almost blindingly slow internet (9Mbps as best, paying for 30) with 3BB. In August I paid a deposit for fiber optic with the promise it would be installed within 30 days.

74 days later, they finally installed the cable & the next day it was turned on. Now I get 156/49 speed for 230 BT  p/mth more than I was paying for 9Mbps. Life in Issan just went up a few points

I got rid of TrueVisions back in May when they 1) turned off a promotion that I had had for years, without any notice, I might add and 2) went up on the monthly fee. I get TV through USTVNowdotcom via the internet. What I pay for my upgraded internet and the subscription to USTVNow (they do have a limited free plan) is about the same p/month combined than I paid to TrueVision for just their crappy satellite service.

To the OP,  get a wifi network card for your PC...400 or 500 BT, maybe. If you don't know how to install it, take your PC to the shop & they will do it for you.

If you have a smart TV, it has wifi built in, so you will not need to run cables, just connect the TV to the PC via wifi. If you have an old stupid TV,  it's time to bite the bullet & upgrade.  PowerBuy is your friend. They have a 7 days, no questions asked return policy (I used it on the LG TV I initially bought). I didn't like the color, so they swapped it for a Samsung, that just happened to be 1000 BT less, and cheerfully refunded the 1000 BT difference. They even had a guy that spoke great English. This is remarkable as I live in deepest darkest Issan, not Pattaya or BKK.

Archived