Changes to visa exempt entries ?

OP; Your info is not correct. That rule has been revoked some time ago. You will now have 30 days at a land border crossing with a limit of 2 times in a year. No limit coming in through an airport.

I just saw that sanemax beat me to it with an actual valid link. 

Edited by Carib
Additional info

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The link you provided gives details of Visa on Arrival and the thread title says Visa exempt stamps . Two different things .

The link has no date on it, its probably from 2014 or something

Try this link for Visa exempt stamps

http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/changes-visa-exempt.php

It states arriving without obtaining prior visa which reads to me like visa exempt . I think it was about 2014 when it was increased from 15 to 30 for G7 countries . I noticed there was no dates on the link thats why im asking the question

6 minutes ago, Carib said:

OP; Your info is not correct. That rule has been revoked some time ago. You will now have 30 days at a land border crossing with a limit of 2 times in a year. No limit coming in through an airport.

I just saw that sanemax beat me to it with an actual valid link. 

Ok thanks , i thought it strange i hadn't heard anything about it , a friend just told me about it and that was the link that came up when i googled it to check 

• Like 1

There have been a series of changes to Visa-Exempt entries over the years.  Currently, all those who qualify for the general scheme (not with special bi-lateral agreements) all get 30-days by land or air.  

Two entries per-calendar year by land is a hard-limit.  There is no specific limit by air, but those using this system frequently - especially with a history of staying for longer periods - may be questioned or denied entry - especially at airports and the Poipet/Aranyaprathet border-crossing. 

The solution for those staying longer or coming more frequently is to obtain Tourist Visas abroad to use for entry.

Edited by JackThompson