Thai Embassy warns about tourist scams in Turkey

webfact

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having spent several years in both Turkish and Thai tourist destinations I can say in my experience that the Turks although very quick learners could not polish black the boots of Thais when it comes to scamming (or you no understand- is a case of confusion statements) lol

Check that Taximeters are working, Really?

23 hours ago, ezzra said:

My nephew and his mates gone in to a bar in Pat Pong the other week,

had one drink each, got a huge bill of several thousands baht, when

refused to pay they got beat up and forced to pay,

I'll take a Turkish scammer anytime over being beat up.....

'nuff said...

Sure they did !

The scam is as old as the hills and as widespread , I nearly got caught out in Athens ( not muslim dear bigots ) in the seventies and London ( Soho ) was just as bad. In these internet savvy days , with information at ones fingertips , anybody who falls for this ruse is a bloody fool and gets what they deserve.

Same goes for Bangkok , the gem , tuk tuk and Patpong sex show scams have been going on for 40 years or more , gotta be pretty green to get caught out by them.

Its the computer phishing and email scams that concern me , some of those crooks are really clever and come up with new schemes regularly.

The Turks invented scamming.

I remember signing off a Norwegian ship in Turkey (forgot the year, long time ago)

In a night club after paying my bill another waiter came with a new bill and demanded payment, which I refused.

About 4 big Turks blocked the exit door and I told them that if they would'nt let me pass they got a fight on their hands.

Nothing happened and they let me out.

The next morning I went out and in the shop I pointed to a can of shaving foam, paid and left.

In my hotel I discovered that the can was empty, went back to the shop and the reply was that I said I wanted that specific can, funny and I had to laugh.

Next day I went to the airport in Istanbul and after coming home I discovered that my baggage was opened and there were two cartons of Marlboros missing.

14 hours ago, bandito said:

The Turks invented scamming.

I remember signing off a Norwegian ship in Turkey (forgot the year, long time ago)

In a night club after paying my bill another waiter came with a new bill and demanded payment, which I refused.

About 4 big Turks blocked the exit door and I told them that if they would'nt let me pass they got a fight on their hands.

Nothing happened and they let me out.

The next morning I went out and in the shop I pointed to a can of shaving foam, paid and left.

In my hotel I discovered that the can was empty, went back to the shop and the reply was that I said I wanted that specific can, funny and I had to laugh.

Next day I went to the airport in Istanbul and after coming home I discovered that my baggage was opened and there were two cartons of Marlboros missing.

Sounds to me you have also have forgotten which T it was h before u suits better