Three monks accused of sex with teenagers

webfact

Three monks accused of sex with teenagers

By The Nation

Two young brothers have told police they had been selling sex to monks at three well-known temples in Nan since last year.

The two boys, aged 19 and 15, and their parents were summoned for an interview at Mueang Nan police station at 8am on Friday after their chats with the monks were leaked on a Facebook page.

Phra Samuudon Chinwangso, deputy abbot of the Phayawat Temple, admitted that he owned the Sithichoke Chansook page that leaked the allegations but told police he had not used the page for a long time so his account must have been hacked. The monk said he did not know either the two boys or the monks involved.

The two boys told police in front of their parents and juvenile protection officials that they had been selling sex to monks at temples in three districts ¬- Muean, Phu Piang and Wiengsa - since last year.

Their most recent encounters were in the middle of this year, they said.

They said they were first paid more than Bt1,000 per visit but their payment later dropped to Bt500 and was sometimes as low as Bt200.

They said the monks called them or chatted with them every two or three months and also asked them to take along some “new faces”.

Police said they would gather the evidence and decide whether to charge the monks with having sex with minors.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30331287

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-10

Shame on those three randy bas..turds.  Of course it's not a surprise when Monks get busted for various crimes in Thaiand.  Wearing a saffron robe does not mean they actually become a true follower and believer in the teachings of the Buddha.

It used to be that when I saw a local police officer, I'd associate it with something immoral or illegal. Monks are now evoking this emotion more.

They should have a simple 'understanding of Buddhism and morals' exam that they all have to take. Questions like, "If you're completely able bodied, should you expect someone to give up their seat on the bus simply because of who you are?". 

Edited by rkidlad

Dhammapada 137 clearly states there are "innocent" victims of crime & AN 3.61 states what a person feels in not related to past kamma.

137. He who inflicts violence on those who are unarmed and offends those who are inoffensive, will soon come upon one of these ten states:

138-140 Sharp pain, or disaster, bodily injury, serious illness, or derangement of mind, trouble from the government, or grave charges, loss of relatives, or loss of wealth, or houses destroyed by ravaging fire; upon dissolution of the body that ignorant man is born in hell.

It's good to know that the young mens past lives do not lessen the crime committed on them

11 minutes ago, idman said:

Shame on those three randy bas..turds.  Of course it's not a surprise when Monks get busted for various crimes in Thaiand.  Wearing a saffron robe does not mean they actually become a true follower and believer in the teachings of the Buddha.

The article doesn't say there were only three monk buyers. It says the teenagers were selling themselves at THREE different temples. So my guess would be, more than three buyers.

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Why do these guys have to go after teenage boys, and in one case, an underage teenager.

Why not just do the sensible thing for Thailand and go out and find a lady "of easy virtue." And then, no problems whatsoever!  :sleep:

Price ?

Convenience ?

2 hours ago, idman said:

True followers would be off meditating in the mountains... as opposed to gilding a temple or hunting for sex.

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

So as one brother was 15, is that statutory rape?

That's right. 

I don't understand why the police are deciding to charge them or not. 

If it was a 14 year old girl, there'd be an uproar. 

Seems having sex with a boy child is the lesser of 2 evils in thailand. 

Go figure? ??

I get the impression that the boys were the pro-active ones in this little jaunt and got miffed when the prices came down.  No, Monks should not indulge in sex, with teens and underage children, but I seem to remember it was one of the favourite pastimes of Priests in the Roman Cathlic until they were exposed (no pun intended).  I think the boys will find that there little business will come to a rapid close with the Police investigating who did what and when.  Then no doubt the Police will report it to the Buddha Council, or local Abbot and the guilty parties will be defrocked for their misdemeanure - I presume!

After some internet reading I found out the following.

Fully ordained monks are forbidden to masturbate, let alone have sex with another person willing or not. Novices are also forbidden sex, but the offense is not as dire as for a monk. Any kind of sex with another person or animal causes the monk to be no longer a monk from that moment, whether they are found out or confess or not. So if they continue to wear robes and keep it a secret that they have broken their vows then each day they are guilty of cheating the lay people, and themselves, by dressing and acting as monks falsely. Hell bound for certain.

28 minutes ago, godblessemall said:

After some internet reading I found out the following.

Fully ordained monks are forbidden to masturbate, let alone have sex with another person willing or not. Novices are also forbidden sex, but the offense is not as dire as for a monk. Any kind of sex with another person or animal causes the monk to be no longer a monk from that moment, whether they are found out or confess or not. So if they continue to wear robes and keep it a secret that they have broken their vows then each day they are guilty of cheating the lay people, and themselves, by dressing and acting as monks falsely. Hell bound for certain.

So can novices have a J Arthur?

8 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

So can novices have a J Arthur?

Sorry I'm not up to date with these kind of cockney slang lol. Novices I believe are encouraged to keep as many as possible of the full monks rules but not certain about whether they have to confess to masturbation. I read somewhere that a monk must confess his failing in that respect and was in some temples consigned to the back of the line of monks during the morning alms round (instead of their usual position according to seniority), so the villagers seeing this knew of his indiscretion and this caused him some shame.

1 minute ago, godblessemall said:

Sorry I'm not up to date with these kind of cockney slang lol. Novices I believe are encouraged to keep as many as possible of the full monks rules but not certain about whether they have to confess to masturbation. I read somewhere that a monk must confess his failing in that respect and was in some temples consigned to the back of the line of monks during the morning alms round (instead of their usual position according to seniority), so the villagers seeing this knew of his indiscretion and this caused him some shame.

You mean the villagers would be shouting 'W..nker,w..nker' to the poor lads at the back of the rice queue?

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Why do these guys have to go after teenage boys, and in one case, an underage teenager.

Why not just do the sensible thing for Thailand and go out and find a lady "of easy virtue." And then, no problems whatsoever!  :sleep:

Sorry not allowed, against the rules to touch women-- can't break the rules..... 

17 minutes ago, godblessemall said:

J Arthur Rank..... 

7 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

not easy but I read between the lines and it seems the monks did not hire a lady of easy virtue because  their preference is men and despite likely being free they are not attracted to kevin spacey or harvey weinstein.

Edited by atyclb