Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 author

webfact

12 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Read carefully 

pa-28104829.jpg

That may indeed be what it says but that is not how it was understood by much of the masses at the time it put up and we all understand that full well.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/brexit-latest-nigel-farage-nhs-pledge-350-million-pounds-eu-referendum-vote-leave-lie-a7100706.html

Edited by simoh1490

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, simoh1490 said:

That may indeed be what it says but that is not how it was understood by much of the masses at the time it put up and we all understand that full well.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/brexit-latest-nigel-farage-nhs-pledge-350-million-pounds-eu-referendum-vote-leave-lie-a7100706.html

Correct, the remoaners understood it as that and used it in just about every argument until they looked so stupid and realised their mistake 

1 minute ago, baansgr said:

Correct, the remoaners understood it as that and used it in just about every argument until they looked so stupid and realised their mistake 

"The £350m a week that "could" be used for the NHS in the event of Brexit will likely never materialise, as Ukip leader Nigel Farage stepped back from his original pledge".

Nigel Farage was a Remoaner was he, I never knew, imagine that!

7 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Let's be clear on a number of points here.

At 68 years of age I don't have an ology degree of some sort and my English comprehension is just fine. What is also just fine is that I'm not about to engage yet again in yet another of the same debates on Brexit, with posters who want us to produce evidence for this and that, and then claiming they don't like the source or that it's biased etc etc. Neither am I willing to engage such debates with posters who veer towards the abusive, right out of the gate so that puts you at a real disadvantage here!

No abuse from me, so no disadvantage. Regardless of the source the bus says exactly the same just that some cant comprehend the English language. Oh by the way ive had much abuse thrown at me from posters such as russian spy, facist, stupid, uneducated, thick, poor etc etc etc

2 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

"The £350m a week that "could" be used for the NHS in the event of Brexit will likely never materialise, as Ukip leader Nigel Farage  stepped back from his original pledge".

Nigel Farage was a Remoaner was he, I never knew, imagine that!

You want me to quote the likes of Abbott and Corbyn with their braindead followers, give me a few weeks i can find a few thousand examples 

9 minutes ago, baansgr said:

No abuse from me, so no disadvantage. Regardless of the source the bus says exactly the same just that some cant comprehend the English language. Oh by the way ive had much abuse thrown at me from posters such as russian spy, facist, stupid, uneducated, thick, poor etc etc etc

How you or I might interpret what's written on that bus today is one thing, how a majority of people interpreted it at the time is something else entirely. As we all well know that was no accident, the sign was intended to mislead and it did so perfectly, that's therefore why the facts of the matter must now be regarded as new information for large portions of the electorate.

Just now, simoh1490 said:

How you or I might interpret what's written on that bus today is one thing, how a majority of people interpreted it at the time is something else entirely. As we all well know that was no accident, the sign was intended to mislead and it did so perfectly, that's therefore why the facts of the matter must now be regarded as new information for large portions of the electorate.

Yes the remoaners interpreted it one way to use in their project fear. Thank you for confirming that

13 minutes ago, baansgr said:

You want me to quote the likes of Abbott and Corbyn with their braindead followers, give me a few weeks i can find a few thousand examples 

You may quote what and whom you wish, the fact remains that the comment on NHS funding originated with Farage who is not in the Remain camp.

1 minute ago, baansgr said:

Yes the remoaners interpreted it one way to use in their project fear. Thank you for confirming that

Say what!!!

Last chance, if you want to debate this, do so, if you want to play word games, I'll go find some wet paint that needs watching.

Just now, simoh1490 said:

Say what!!!

Last chance, if you want to debate this, do so, if you want to play word games, I'll go find some wet paint that needs watching.

There you go.... Pure as you like, cant give a valid rebuttal so make a joke, dosnt wash with us any more 

6 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Dulux it is, bye!

Its really great that we all can see how the majority have been shouted down and never have their questions answered... Brext has been so refreshing for millions in the silent majority and the true colours of the lefty facists being shown for their true colours

4 hours ago, taipeir said:

Lol that was the attitude of British empire for hundreds of years.India, South Africa, Kenya, Ireland, United States. learn your own history.

The EU administration have no interest to particularly help a member benefit from leaving the union, why would they?

More whining as Tory govt is a complete shambles and Brexit spoofers have been found out already.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The only comparison there is that Britain controlled 1/4 of the world for a while, whereas the EU goons can only aspire for the same thing.

40 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Moron................don't forget moron!

36 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

The bus did not state Let's fund the NHS

It stated Let's fund the NHS instead

The use of the term instead makes the meaning explicit.Even a child can comprehend this. If I was to say let's go to Paris , I  am sure they would realize that what I actual mean is Blackpool

The bus did not state Let's fund the NHS

It stated Let's fund the NHS instead

The use of the term instead makes the meaning explicit.Even a child can comprehend this. If I was to say let's go to Paris , I  am sure they would realize that what I actual mean is Blackpool

There will be 350 million a week extra available, which the UK can spend on the NHS or elsewhere it decides !But the remain losers would rather keep paying billions into the wasteful EU to spend on their wasteful projects. Interesting that the 12 billion a year in overseas aid doesn’t seem to bother the major political parties! Madness

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just now, markaoffy said:

There will be 350 million a week extra available, which the UK can in its wisdom or otherwise spend on the NHS. But the remain losers would rather keep paying billions into the wasteful EU to spend on their wasteful projects. Interesting that the 12 billion a year in overseas aid doesn’t seem to bother the major political parties! Madness

That extra £350 million per week that will be available to be spent any way we see fit, is that calculated on the basis of the value of today's economy, the probable future economy during the next ten years or on the basis of hope and a prayer! I mean clearly, if we were to Brexit tomorrow, for example, the UK economy would be far smaller than it is today. Even if we were to soft Brexit, which would mean paying over something between £40 bill. and £80 bill., would we still have that extra £350 mill. to spend every week.......I think not.

9 minutes ago, markaoffy said:

There will be 350 million a week extra available, which the UK can spend on the NHS or elsewhere it decides !But the remain losers would rather keep paying billions into the wasteful EU to spend on their wasteful projects. Interesting that the 12 billion a year in overseas aid doesn’t seem to bother the major political parties! Madness

They will not be extra 350 million a week available. The rebate never leaves the treasury, and approx ,1 billion of the monies we send to the EU is part of the UK 's foreign aid commitment. This amount still have to be spent on foreign aid as it is enshrined in UK domestic  law

Edited by rockingrobin

1 hour ago, simoh1490 said:

All of the detailed information that has come out on a daily basis since the vote, much of it is what was previously known as data contained in Project Fear, the things that are now becoming a reality, much to the surprise of many. For example, that the Pound would fall in value significantly, that the UK economy would shrink further for longer, that Brexit wouldn't mean an extra £350 million per week for the NHS, that immigration into the UK would not fall substantially,  that hard Brexit may be a reality with all that entails, etc etc. Whilst elements of the UK voting population MAY have understood the realities of the above, much of it did not.

EDIT TO ADD: links below plus the addition of "baked in views about the EU".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-latest-news-leave-eu-immigration-main-reason-european-union-survey-a7811651.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_the_vote_in_favour_of_Brexit

https://www.economist.com/news/books-and-arts/21721358-book-makes-rare-attempt-use-survey-data-find-some-answers-explaining

You've got your projects in a twist!

2 hours ago, chrissables said:

More from you than i.

You must have a lot to lose if we leave, hence changing your citizenship. What will you do when Denmark desides to leave the EU too?

I think we all see the advantages and disadvantages through different prisms.

For me social democracy, social justice and equality is important. Denmark will always retain these.

I do not like the Americanisation of the UK. This inequality and lack of social cohesion is horrible

I feel the EU provides a civilising influence and holds the Komodo Cons in check.

I think the EU will adapt to public opinion. In particular free movement will be controlled,

I don't see Denmark leaving though they may not be at the centre.

I don't think the UK should be at the centre either but total separation is ridiculously harmful.

It doesn't particularly effect me personally though I have a daughter and grand daughter in the UK. Their future is very much in my mind. I still have a property in Edinburgh and I think a hard Brexit will result in Scottish independence. Scottish values have always been more European than English.

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Moron................don't forget moron!

So yet again more proof that remoaners cant have an adult open debate without insulted those that dontvagree with their facist agenda. Hitler comes to mind when i read some of the comments on here by remoaners 

2 hours ago, baansgr said:

That old bus chestnut again...... It never said 350mil to NHS, but thats the problem with lefty graduates with an useless ology degree of some sort cant comphrehend basic English 

What are you qualified as? Humour us ?

Edited by Grouse

4 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I think we all see the advantages and disadvantages through different prisms.

For me social democracy, social justice and equality is important. Denmark will always retain these.

I do not like the Americanisation of the UK. This inequality and lack of social cohesion is horrible

I feel the EU provides a civilising influence and holds the Komodo Cons in check.

I think the EU will adapt to public opinion. In particular free movement will be controlled,

I don't see Denmark leaving though they may not be at the centre.

I don't think the UK should be at the centre either but total separation is ridiculously harmful.

It doesn't particularly effect me personally though I have a daughter and grand daughter in the UK. Their future is very much in my mind. I still have a property in Edinburgh and I think a hard Brexit will result in Scottish independence. Scottish values have always been more European than English.

The Scots only a few years sgo voted overwhelming to stay part of the UK, again, cant keep voting till you get the outcome you like. 

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

Which ones are incorrect? I don't think you are a fascist ?

3 minutes ago, baansgr said:

The Scots only a few years sgo voted overwhelming to stay part of the UK, again, cant keep voting till you get the outcome you like. 

You don't think Brexit represents a change in circumstances? Are you sure you really understand?

1 hour ago, markaoffy said:

Your views pigeon hole you quite nicely. ?

5 minutes ago, Grouse said:

You don't think Brexit represents a change in circumstances? Are you sure you really understand?

Yes but Killy Krankie and Salmond are as bad as Abbott and Corbyn, aftrr a hard days work I love a bit of comedy, Abbott blaming every mistake she makes on her 1970s hairstyle believing thats a valid excuse.. Thats comedy.