Will miss O-A visa renewal date due to surgery, Help

Moved to here.

I assume you are asking about applying for a extension of stay at immigration. A OA visa can only be applied for at a embassy or consulate in your home country.

Could you apply for the extension early? With a proof of needing surgery they should do it sooner than the normal 30 days.

If not you could get an up to a 90 day extension for medical treatment. You would need a letter from the doctor or hospital stating you are unable to travel. Some hospitals that deal with foreign patients have staff to help with getting the extension.

Yes, get a letter from your doctor describing your condition and confirming that you cannot get to Immigration due to being hospitalised and arrange for it to be taken to Immigration with your passport before you're on overstay.   There are arrangements for those in your position to be accommodated with an extension, I'm speaking from personal experience.

Edited by Just Weird

All depends where you live.

If in Pattaya just go to immigration at Jomtien and tell them you wish to extend your current visa for another year but you will be unable to do so in the last 30 days of your current extension due to surgery.

I'm sure they will oblige. 

I extended mine 73 days in advance there after explaining that I was going on a extended holiday and got re entry permit  at the same time.

In my personal experience I was required to provide two photographs of myself in  hospital bed along with the mentioned letter from the doctor/surgeon who performed the surgery. All ended well and got 90 day's extension as is my norm.

Mine was hip replacement surgery in Ubon Ratchathani, good luck.