Recomended apps?

JohnMc45

What are some recommended apps for work/travel in Thailand? Could be Apple or Android as I have both.  

Already had Google maps, Google translator, Expedia, Hotels.com, Trip Advisor, Transit and Uber.  Just added Grab and Line. Looking at adding Maps.Me or Here Wego for offline mapping and Nostra for better Thai maps.   

2 hours ago, JohnMc45 said:

Here Wego

Recommended.

Google Translate? Well nice to have but you should look for a serious offline dictionary with Thai script input/output, voice output and splitting Thai sentences to words (which is different from automatic translation).

May not be free.

As English is not my native language I can not name a specific one.

Configure Thai keyboard on the phone.

Even if you can't use it a Thai person can type in words.

Here Wego was recommended by several people in a mapping app thread I started in Thai travel and if I remember a offshoot of Nokia. Loved the mapping on my old Nokia.  

Anyone have any recommendations for apps for Bus/Train, Hotel booking, Restaurants or sightseeing?  

1 hour ago, ToddinChonburi said:

Booking.com is a good hotel app 

But beware because during the last 5 years that I used this, always the location coördinates of the hotels were wrong

It's quite embarrassing arriving in the middle of nowhere and hearing the GPS telling: "You have arrived..."

I was using booking.com and Hotels.com for a few years when in Thailand, but I've recently started using the Agoda app as it’s been cheaper and has had more choice than both of the above ?

• 2 weeks later...