Car radio CD player not working

Golden Triangle

I have a Toyota Fortuner, the Sat Nav Radio & CD player are a single unit, we went for a trip last week and parked the car at the hotel and only got back in it yesterday, when we left the car on Friday the radio/CD player were working fine.

On our trip home today I popped a CD in, nothing happened, I pulled over to check it out and basically the Sat Nav is working fine, power is also getting to the audio unit, put in a disc but the usual 'Checking Disc' doesn't appear, FM/AM selections are Grayed out, the unit is in a permanent OFF mode, touching the on/off on the screen is no good, pressing the power button does no good, I'll take it down to the local dealer in a bit but just wondered if anyone else had come across this ?? TIA.

I was going to put this in the Motoring Forum but the heading for this one seemed to fit the bill. 

Like most modern electronics, disconnecting it from the power supply for a few minutes may get it working again as it will reboot the processor.

Failing that it probably has a reset button hidden somewhere behind the fascia. Mine does. Worth trying that too.

3 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Like most modern electronics, disconnecting it from the power supply for a few minutes may get it working again as it will reboot the processor.

Failing that it probably has a reset button hidden somewhere behind the fascia. Mine does. Worth trying that too.

Thanks for that KittenKong, I have it booked into the dealership tomorrow, I hope that they can fix it as I need my soothing music as I try to avoid the nutters here :biggrin: I will update as when the problem is resolved, fingers crossed that it's not too expensive.