MOT Testing Stations in Sansai for (Car) Tax Disc Renewal

tomdfc

The long trek down to the Hangdong Transport office is not to be relished and thankfully the tax disc renewal can be done at a post office.  However, we now need a valid "vehicle test certificate".  Can anyone advise where in Sansai or locality we can find one?  Thanks in advance.

There is a good one on Moo2 norng jom san sai.  If  you are coming from  TESCO- LOTUS MEECKOK turn left towards Sausage King if you know it or Laguna Homes keep on that road  past Sausage King for about 1 kilo.and its on your right hand side just where they have started a new building site. They also will take care of  your tax disc renewal for 50 baht.

Found this testing station on the net.

It's in Sansai district on highway 1001.

It's not far some Christian church?

Look out for the yellow cogwheel as seen on the street view:

(workshop to the left)

https://goo.gl/maps/grvrpaWAfeu

Coordinates: 18.9542074,98.9839449

And as previous poster wrote: for a fee they will handle the tax/insurance stuff at the DLT office.

Might take a day or so. They need the car registration book.

So no need to do on your own.

And whenever you see the yellow cogwheel it's a testing station.

car-.jpg

4 hours ago, jonesthepost said:

There is a good one on Moo2 norng jom san sai.  If  you are coming from  TESCO- LOTUS MEECKOK turn left towards Sausage King if you know it or Laguna Homes keep on that road  past Sausage King for about 1 kilo.and its on your right hand side just where they have started a new building site. They also will take care of  your tax disc renewal for 50 baht.

This one is good. We never leave the original books with them - or any others.

1 hour ago, elektrified said:

This one is good. We never leave the original books with them - or any others.

If you don't leave the book with them they can't complete the paperwork at the DLT office for you.

EDIT: or can they?

I have no concerns to do so.

The workshop could hardly survive if they would abuse.

And the car can't be legally sold without the owners notarized signature.

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

If you don't leave the book with them they can't complete the paperwork at the DLT office for you.

EDIT: or can they?

I have no concerns to do so.

The workshop could hardly survive if they would abuse.

And the car can't be legally sold without the owners notarized signature.

You are correct, they can't. We only have them do the inspection though. We aren't afraid of them (or other inspection places like the one in Faham) attempting an illegal transfer, etc. but have noticed that they hand off the books to some young kid who just tosses them in a basket on a motorcycle and heads off to Hang Dong. If it rains....mai bpen rai..., they blow away...etc. Just seems careless and we don't want to take a chance of losing the books.

11 hours ago, elektrified said:

but have noticed that they hand off the books to some young kid who just tosses them in a basket on a motorcycle

Well, that would indeed make me think too.

At the station that I visited the carrier has a proper sealed pouch.

the one i always use is almost opposit the postoffice on san sai road on the opposit

side of the road they have the yellow sign as well. i give them the blue book and if done

in the morning you can pick up your taxsticker and blue book the next day after 3pm

i have used them for years never had any problems. also for bike tax renewal

rick