Cash aid for children care of working families to rise to 600 baht a month on January 1 next year

webfact

Cash aid for children care of working families to rise to 600 baht a month on January 1 next year

By Thai PBS

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi37QDMmkvnRSwIxMYJWfQF509

Beginning next year 2018, working families will get higher child care cash assistance from the government after the Social Security Office (SSO) said it has now finished the draft amendment of the law to propose to the Ministry of Labour.

Under the amendment that will take effect January 1, 2018, cash assistance from the state to children of not over six years old of working families will be increased from 400 baht to 600 baht a month so as to help their ends meet under the present higher cost of children care.

The higher cash assistanc for child care is intended to be the new Year’s gift for working families.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/cash-aid-children-care-working-families-rise-600-baht-month-january-1-next-year/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-11-13

Does appear to be low.

However, the average UK household monthly income is around 2,200 GBP and the Child Benefit for 2 kids is 136 GBP (around 6% of income).

I don't know the average household monthly income in Thailand (different sources give various answers), but let's say it's 20,000 THB. The Thai "Child Benefit" for 2 kids is 1,200 THB (around 6% of income).

Of course, in the UK, parents who are paying income tax will get tax allowances. I don't know whether it's the same here in Thailand.

Fully support this for 2 reasons:

1/ it will be appreciated by those who need it

2/ there seems to be little opportunity for diversion of the funding to family or cronies posing as middlemen.

I suppose that if we have another PTP government it will, like the school fee/uniform subsidies, be cancelled as it originated from the 'wrong' side of politics.

7 hours ago, DM07 said:

I highly doubt, that it is anywhere near THB 20.000....

In that case (if it is below 20,000) the percentage of income would be higher,  i.e.- Thailand Child Benefit will be greater than UK Child Benefit.

BTW - I'm not saying that The Thai government is being too generous. I'm just making a comparison.

Low income families in the UK (and, I suspect, most European countries) get other financial assistance, including tax breaks.

Edited by chickenslegs
speling

22 hours ago, LotusBoy said:

I once saw some knockers for 300 Baht, but that was a long time ago in Patpong.

Me too. Some very nice sized knockers in the Moonlight Bar at Takhli back in 68, for only 60 baht. Sadly those proud knockers have succumbed very badly to gravity now that they are a very mellow age of 70 years. LOL

On 11/13/2017 at 2:41 PM, webfact said:

The higher cash assistanc for child care is intended to be the new Year’s gift for working families

If you can't win the hearts of the people, you just buy their hearts (for 200 baht a month).

Absurd to call this a "gift", as it is just a government doing its job. The government collects people's money to spend and redistribute. 

Or do i call the newspaper at the end of the year to tell them i will send the government a "new years gift" also for the amount of my income tax? And when i finish grocery shopping i give them a "gift" for the amount of the VAT?