Russia's RT America registers as 'foreign agent' in U.S.

webfact

11 minutes ago, punchjudy said:

I assure you CNN is viewed as just more heavily biased US crap........at least try to be subtle about it like the BBC.

The people who believe CNN is "heavily biased US crap" tend to love alternate news websites like Russia Today, Infowars, Zerohedge, Fox, etc. LOL.  CNN, like BBC, does a pretty good job at vetting their news.  Other sites?  Not so much...

What's your favorite news source?

1 hour ago, craigt3365 said:

The people who believe CNN is "heavily biased US crap" tend to love alternate news websites like Russia Today, Infowars, Zerohedge, Fox, etc. LOL.  CNN, like BBC, does a pretty good job at vetting their news.  Other sites?  Not so much...

Of course CNN is biased. There bias is pro globalisation, anti sovereignty. They are a part of a huge global media conglomerate that is currently seeking to become a more huge global conglomerate that seeks to squeeze out independent media. Their advertisers are a Who's Who of pro globalisation corporations.

Edited by lannarebirth

1 minute ago, lannarebirth said:

Of course CNN is biased. There bias is pro globalisation, anti sovereignty. They are a part of a huge global media conglomerate that is currently seeking to become a more huge global conglomerate that seeks to squeeze out independant media. Their advertisers are a Who's Who of pro globalisation corporations.

I just watched their coverage of the earthquake in Iran.  Didn't see any bias there.

1 hour ago, lannarebirth said:

How would bias manifest in a story about an earhquake?  It happened/ It didn't happen.

My point exactly.  When reporting just news, it's hard to have a bias.  CNN reports lots of news.  No bias.  As I've said many times, I avoid opinion pieces and panels with "experts".

1 minute ago, craigt3365 said:

My point exactly.  When reporting just news, it's hard to have a bias.  CNN reports lots of news.  No bias.  As I've said many times, I avoid opinion pieces and panels with "experts".

I agree it is difficult to have a bias about an act of God. Oh, maybe a global warming angle, or caused by fracking or whatever that super secret earthquake making tech some think the military has. Anyway, it's all a stretch. It is the acts of men that could use more critical askance.

3 hours ago, punchjudy said:

I assure you CNN is viewed as just more heavily biased US crap........at least try to be subtle about it like the BBC.

"Is viewed" by whom?

If you're gonna defend Putin the dictator you should at least try to be subtle about it.

19 hours ago, Becker said:
20 hours ago, speckio said:

interesting enough I watched RT often in the past and for the most part, it seemed fairly unbiased and threw punches towards both the left and right.

Occasionally the reporting would lean a little to the right....

I trust RT news way more than CNN, Fox and other Amercian news outlets.

I hope for your sake you're Russian or there is something seriously wrong with you.

Why?  I'm a Texas redneck and I watch RT, AlJazeera, Reuters, BBC, China Daily, CNN and others. 

They all have their biases.  Watch enough and you actually get a balanced look at most issues, though not from any one outlet. 

Still can't bring myself to watch Fox any more, though.  They don't even pretend to be a news outlet. 

13 hours ago, Trouble said:

So it THIS what the intelligence agencies have come up with to determine that the Russians meddled in the elections?  My god,  Twitter, Facebook, and RT (all out in the open), isn't what one would consider clandestine interference in elections.  What the hell has Voice of America been doing for the last 50 years?  Maybe Fox News, MSNBC, CNN broadcast in foreign countries, are all propaganda organs for the US government.  Surely should register with the foreign governments where they broadcast. 

While I don't watch much RT, I certainly don't see them as influencing much.  Interesting sometimes to see a different slant on things.  Certainly one can get more international news off RT, China News, Japan News, than on FOX, CNN, and MSNBC broadcast in the USA.  The only thing one gets from the big three in the US is commentary on what they consider the trending top 5 stories of the day, 24 hours a day.  It's NOT news. Sadly it seems like good old news doesn't sell anymore. 

Propaganda is as much about what never gets reported as what does get reported.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/frankminiter/2017/11/13/congress-it-scandal-is-being-kept-behind-closed-doors/#2d8386303fc7

16 minutes ago, impulse said:

Why?  I'm a Texas redneck and I watch RT, AlJazeera, Reuters, BBC, China Daily, CNN and others. 

They all have their biases.  Watch enough and you actually get a balanced look at most issues, though not from any one outlet. 

Still can't bring myself to watch Fox any more, though.  They don't even pretend to be a news outlet. 

I watched RT for some time, but lately, it's just show after show going after the "West".  Gets old.  As for Fox?  It's a horrible news outlet.  I guess their "pure" reporting of news is OK.  But the other stuff they do is bizarre.

19 minutes ago, impulse said:

No, but RT does and claiming it' not a mouthpiece for Putin is disingenuous to say the least.

Edited by Becker

8 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

I watched RT for some time, but lately, it's just show after show going after the "West".  Gets old.  As for Fox?  It's a horrible news outlet.  I guess their "pure" reporting of news is OK.  But the other stuff they do is bizarre.

What I despise about Fox is that they don't bother to actually investigate anything.  They figured out it's cheaper to put a few angry white guys (and gals) on a panel, open a discussion on a hot topic, and pander to their viewers.  Sadly, they get just as many viewers and the ad revenue that comes with them. 

Just to compete, the other guys seem to have engaged them in a race to the bottom.

14 minutes ago, Becker said:

No, but RT does and claiming it' not a mouthpiece for Putin is disingenuous to say the least.

They're no more a Putin mouthpiece than the others are mouthpieces for the rich white guys that own and run them.  And their predatory capitalism.

7 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

It's a great development.  Keeps fake news and propaganda off the airwaves from hostile foreign countries.  Great move.

Don't think it will have much effect whatsoever. Unless they obliterate net neutrality anything and everything is available.

5 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

MY favourite news source is - all of them - then apply critical thinking.

Zerohedge and Infowars are in a league of their own!!

5 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

ThaiVisa.  :laugh:

26 minutes ago, impulse said:

They're no more a Putin mouthpiece than the others are mouthpieces for the rich white guys that own and run them.  And their predatory capitalism.

Yes, they are - way more. Equating the mouthpiece of a dictator to the main news networks of the west is just ridiculous.

14 minutes ago, punchjudy said:

Right.  Any opposition to Putin is either killed or scared away! LOL

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/heres-a-list-of-all-the-putin-critics-who-wound-up-murdered/news-story/4e2952b107b0c7159887e303062c9694

From your link.  Amazing you don't already know this.  Stunning actually.

International observers from the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) found that although all competitors had access to the media, Putin was given clear prominence.[7] Strict candidate registration requirements also limited "genuine competition".[7] According to Tonino Picula, the Special Co-ordinator to lead the short-term OSCE observer mission,

“There were serious problems from the very start of this election. The point of elections is that the outcome should be uncertain. This was not the case in Russia. There was no real competition and abuse of government resources ensured that the ultimate winner of the election was never in doubt.”[7]

4 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

I agree it is difficult to have a bias about an act of God. Oh, maybe a global warming angle, or caused by fracking or whatever that super secret earthquake making tech some think the military has. Anyway, it's all a stretch. It is the acts of men that could use more critical askance.

Are you sure they didn't blame it on the Russians ?