Avast

coldcrush

Hiya all

does the home edition of Avast include a firewall?

Thanks all :o

Avast is an Anti Virus Software and not an Firewall! As firewall may you try to use the Kerio Firwall which work closly together with Avast. Kerio and Alwil Software are related.

comodo firewall and anti virus.

perfect if your looking for something completly free that includes updates.

Avoid it like the plauge.

From alt.comp.spyware:

As has been disussed in public forums, the Launch Pad is add-on software used as a marketing vehicle for other Comodo products and services. There is no documentation or mention of the add on software at Comodo’s web site. As well, there is no method to un-install the software without removing the desired application…Comodo’s overall image of trustworthiness is degraded by tactics formerly reserved to scam artists.

Seems Comodo itself is spyware/adware.

Edited by cdnvic

comodo firewall and anti virus.

perfect if your looking for something completly free that includes updates.

Avoid it like the plauge.

From alt.comp.spyware:

As has been disussed in public forums, the Launch Pad is add-on software used as a marketing vehicle for other Comodo products and services. There is no documentation or mention of the add on software at Comodo’s web site. As well, there is no method to un-install the software without removing the desired application…Comodo’s overall image of trustworthiness is degraded by tactics formerly reserved to scam artists.

Seems Comodo itself is spyware/adware.

I don't know anbout their other products but Comodo Firewall doesn't install the Launchpad - it simply installs itself and its GUI.

I don't know anbout their other products but Comodo Firewall doesn't install the Launchpad - it simply installs itself and its GUI.

They may have taken it out of new versions but it definitely was a problem before. I'd be very skeptical about any company that does, or used to bundle hidden programs disguised as security tools. Especially if there are so many other trusted and free alternatives out there.

Commodo is crap, used it for a week or so alongtime ago and binned it.... :o

Was the firewall difficult to uninstall? I know they didn't bother to make an uninstaller for their AV.

Warning Hi-jack .............

on a related note if you break this type of application enough do reg cleaners finish the job ?

apologies

mid