Nong Khai Immigration

cooL_guY_corY

Hey guys, can anyone here shed some light one the Nong Khai Immigration office ? I am up in KK and i am curious if i should just head to Nong Khai for my 30 day extension or go to BKK and that (i am assuming) busy Immigration office they got. Any ideas ? I havent been to either offices.

take it easy !

Hey guys, can anyone here shed some light one the Nong Khai Immigration office ? I am up in KK and i am curious if i should just head to Nong Khai for my 30 day extension or go to BKK and that (i am assuming) busy Immigration office they got. Any ideas ? I havent been to either offices.

take it easy !

They have an office in Udon also. Aek Udon Hospital, 1st floor. I think open Monday & Friday only. I do my 3 month notification there. I think they do the extentions there also, but not 100% sure. The 1 year Visa can only be done in Nong Khai. Also try www.nongkhaiimmigration.com

wow thanks for the reply ! very helpful. Also i am just getting a 30 day extension on my 60 day tourist visa, that should be do-able in Udon you think ? And for sure in Nong Khai right ?

thx again!

cory

Try Udon first, easy to find. Nong Khai is hard to find, no signs, no directions & in middle of nowhere. Took me 45 minutes to find somebody with a copy machine.

The good news was there were only 2 farangs in the hour I spent there. I was in & out in 10 minutes.

Udon there 4-5 farangs ahead of me & I was in & out in 15 minutes.

Good Luck Gary :o

take it easy !

I went to Udon yesterday Monday.. Hours 9 am to 3 pm closed for lunch 12 to 1. Open Monday and Friday only! Cost 1900 Baht for 30 day extension. Forms and instructions outside office door for extension. Located ground level in Hospital.

Edited by KK-Mike

The Nongkhai visa run is so easy. I used to live in Nongkhai, and for several months I did the run across the friendship bridge. It can take anywhere form 20 minutes to 2 hours max depending on how many people are there.

Once you arrive in Nongkhai, follow the signs for the friendship bridge. You cant miss them. Walk over to the booths where you will get stamped out of Thailand, then walk over to a small desk where you can buy a ticket for the bus that runs you over the bridge. Think it was about 20 baht last time I was there. Once you arrive on the other side of the bridge,head towards the two blacked out windows. Hand in the necessary details and wait for your passport to be handed back. Then walk around the side where to another booth where you will get your passport stamped for entering Laos. Simply walk around the other side and walk to another booth where you will get your passport stamped for departing Laos. Ohh, and dont forget to visit duty free first. Once you've got your departure stamp head towards the little desk where you will buy another ticket for the bus. Jump on the bus and back to Thailand. Once in Thailand, get your passport stamped at another booth and hey presto. I could do this trip so quick it was unbelievable.

Edited by guemlum

• 2 weeks later...

hey havent been online for a while, nice to see this thread get replys! thanks for the help, gonna jump to udon for my 30 day extension.

Just a quick question, when heading to Nong Khai / Laos for a border crossing can you purchase your Laos entry visa and everything there ? There is no (free) visa on arrival right (talkin Laos still) I've never been so not sure about the price and paper work needed, if someone can clear this up, would be awesome. take it easy , khon kaen is so fun.

I went to Udon yesterday Monday.. Hours 9 am to 3 pm closed for lunch 12 to 1. Open Monday and Friday only! Cost 1900 Baht for 30 day extension. Forms and instructions outside office door for extension. Located ground level in Hospital.

-----------------

what hospital is this / where by? I had no clue you could do 30 day extensions @ Udon Thani

• 2 weeks later...
can anyone shed more light on the 30 ext @ Udon imm. situation ? I had no clue this was possible in Udon, and if so where ?

KhonKaen-Udon: 1 1/2 hour by bus or 2 hours by train;from the train-bus station in Udon,10 min.walk(or a tui-tuk)to the AEKHospital,easy to find,8 floor building with big board.

Open only Monday and Friday,9-12 13-15

Everything an Immigration Office is liable to do. :o