A proud patriot.

Are you one ?

What does being a good patriot mean according to to you, wise members on this forum ?

If anyone cares if i am one. I am not. 

Imho patriottism is blindness to an unknown and leads only to disasters. 

I see though that this mindset of being a good patriot is still expected in this beautiful land. Bless them.

I am from UK, there is nothing to be patriotic about. I think London is a great multi cultural city, that is about it. The term 'I am proud to be British / American etc' . Those who are proud to be British / American please tell me what you have done for your country that you are proud of. Emigrated ??

Thinking on a similar line if you are British how can you be proud of a country that went to war on tha basis of Government lies and that killed 1000's of innocent people, purely to stay 'chummy' with the US. If you are American how can you be proud to be from the only country that has used a nuclear weapon to mutilate and kill 1000's of people and has been war mongering ever since. Also the country that invented the biggest and most cruel lie and deception of all time that they landed a man on he moon.

4 hours ago, Gruff said:

Thinking on a similar line if you are British how can you be proud of a country that went to war on tha basis of Government lies and that killed 1000's of innocent people, purely to stay 'chummy' with the US. If you are American how can you be proud to be from the only country that has used a nuclear weapon to mutilate and kill 1000's of people and has been war mongering ever since. Also the country that invented the biggest and most cruel lie and deception of all time that they landed a man on he moon.

Of course they were never on the moon. During the alleged Apollo 11 mission, Neil Armstrong was spotted in Pattaya, selling Amway products to local fishermen.
Cheers.

When I was young, I considered myself a "world-citizen". Then I started to travel the world and lived in different countries for years at the time. Came to the conclusion, that outside of some "islands of civilization", the world simply "sucks". These days, I consider myself as a patriot.
Cheers.

2 hours ago, swissie said:

Of course they were never on the moon. During the alleged Apollo 11 mission, Neil Armstrong was spotted in Pattaya, selling Amway products to local fishermen.
Cheers.

That is another bit of evidence i wasn't aware of

3 hours ago, swissie said:

When I was young, I considered myself a "world-citizen". Then I started to travel the world and lived in different countries for years at the time. Came to the conclusion, that outside of some "islands of civilization", the world simply "sucks". These days, I consider myself as a patriot.
Cheers.

So you have decided to join the uncivilised?

4 hours ago, oldhippy said:

So you have decided to join the uncivilised?

Unzivilised yes, but only during winter-time in Europe, when the weather is truly nasty. Ending up in semi-civilized countries like Thailand.

To be sure: I only come here to escape the harsh winters in Europe. I always feel in good company. Most Farangs that come here during this time of year are mostly passionate golf-players and running from one Temple to the next during daytime (enhancing their cultural awareness). Expanding their "Cultural-Awareness" until 2 AM.
- I am different. I really come for the Temples. Only problem is, that there always seem to be a number of females that convince me that the "Temples can wait for another day".
Leaving me in agony, knowing that I will probably not see all the Temples in Pattaya.

At the end of the day, maybe that's what I like about "semi-civilised" countries.:sorry:
Cheers.    

On 11/16/2017 at 8:39 AM, swissie said:

Cheers.

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/day-moon-men-came-bangkok/

Buzz Aldrin came with the rest of Apollo11 to Thailand 2 months after the fake moon landing  to cheer up the GIs in Thailand still fighting the Vietnam War, and to show gratitude to the Thai government for its support in the war.

Touring  the air bases he ended up in Surin where he praised the local brand of sticky rice as the best rice outside the moon.

A patriot is more acceptable that a nationalist.

I am patriotic in many ways - I am proud that my home country, the UK, has become one of the leaders of multiculturalism in the world. We have the best, on a national level, health service you could come up with, and in the UK society takes care of its weakest.

As a patriot, I need to recognise the problems with my country. A large number of the population hate foreigners, the NHS is not valued by the majority and the government is attacking the disabled, as if they, not the bankers, are the cause of all current troubles.

As a patriot, I have to acknowledge, Britain is currently an absolute sh!t'ole, and with things as they are I won't be returning any time soon.

6 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

I am 100% sure that Mugabe is a proud patriot.

Patriot is only a word.

It means nothing, because it means everything you want it to mean.

Personally, I am an internationalist.

Patria, country is so 19th century.

I'd have to agree. Too many wars have been started by "patriots", those who value their country's values over those of other countries'. And I'm not 100% sure that Mugabe did as much for his "patria" as for himself.

2 hours ago, naboo said:

I am patriotic in many ways - I am proud that my home country, the UK, has become one of the leaders of multiculturalism in the world. We have the best, on a national level, health service you could come up with, and in the UK society takes care of its weakest.

As a patriot, I need to recognise the problems with my country. A large number of the population hate foreigners, the NHS is not valued by the majority and the government is attacking the disabled, as if they, not the bankers, are the cause of all current troubles.

As a patriot, I have to acknowledge, Britain is currently an absolute sh!t'ole, and with things as they are I won't be returning any time soon.

And don't forget we are 'pathetically a puppet to US !

4 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

........and in the UK society takes care of its weakest.

.......the government is attacking the disabled, as if they, not the bankers, are the cause of all current troubles.

Make your mind up.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes i agree but probably only because of the dishonest pretending to be disabled when they are not ! They are the ones who are really to blame.

8 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

........and in the UK society takes care of its weakest.

.......the government is attacking the disabled, as if they, not the bankers, are the cause of all current troubles.

Make your mind up.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

There is no contradiction if you consider the double named posh speaking hiso twits to be weak wackos.

You did see the Monty Python Twit of the Year sketch that I posted in a similar thread, no?

Is any particular area of the UK a 'shi$hole, or is this for the whole of the country?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app