Lampang teen reported rescued from gang who forced her into sex trade in South Korea

webfact

Lampang teen reported rescued from gang who forced her into sex trade in South Korea

6pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

After a Lampang mother appealed to immigration in Lampang to help her 18 year old daughter comes a happy ending.

The mother - named only as "A" said her daughter had gone to South Korea as a tourist a month ago but had been grabbed by a gang in Pusan and threatened and physically assaulted.

The girl had been told that she needed to make five million won or just over 100,000 baht to get out. But "B" - the daughter - managed to phone her mother and reveal her location.

Work from the Thai and South Korean authorities has now resulted in the daughter being located.

A meeting today will decide what arrangements will be made to bring her home to her family in the northern Thai province.

Thai Rath did not report on any arrests in the matter.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-11-16

without wanting to sound bad. i find it highly unlikely she was just randomly grabbed off the street by a gang whilst holidaying there. holidaying with who and where were they? went to work there and then realized the situation but grabbed off the street, highly unlikely. sorry

8 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Ahhh, yes.  Have to have a "happy ending". lol

Has happened to me and I wasn't even 'kidnapped'! :thumbsup:

All jokes aside,  it's great that the girl was located and hopefully returned home to her family ASAP.

46 minutes ago, nuananddon said:

Every Thai that I’ve ever heard of that went to Korea, went there to work.Travel on a tourist visa and work there for years just like they do in the USA. They go there for a factory or construction job and usually for the women they end up on their back.

You don't get around much,  there of tens of thousands of Thais who visited Korea as legitimate tourists.

6 hours ago, Dante99 said:

You don't get around much,  there of tens of thousands of Thais who visited Korea as legitimate tourists.

Not at the age of 18 and absolutely not With parents who are not able to buy her a ticket to imidiately come home as stated in the article  - REF "A meeting today will decide what arrangements will be made to bring her home to her family in the northern Thai province"...

I Guess it is a lot more to this story as it usually is...;)