How To Set Up An Ebay Business In Thailand

E bay will do nothing unless the company who's copyright has been infringed complains to e bay. For example the Von Dutch company have just had a big crackdown on e bay and this is probaly one of the most pirated brands in Thailand at the moment. The companies and e bay also have a problem. The goods sold on e bay are sold on the strenghth of a photo, some of the copies are so good that they cannot tell from the photos if the goods are fake or genuine. So what do they do? - In many cases nothing as they do not want to discourage people from selling genuine acticles and losing busniess. Bit of a catch 22 for all. E Bay UK has a finite life at the moment and I am sure other goverments will follow suit. The IR is currently investigating power sellers and are about to round up some nice tax bills for high sellers - my cousin works for the UK IR. :o

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe good idea for you to work together??? Tell me what your'e looking for (cameras, right) and maybe my wife can help you; also, don't forget that in the past some Chinese were buying cameras too, maybe not so many, but still a few hundred thousand or so... :o

PS: by the way, Ravisher, although China is still 'small' with Ebay it's growing fast, VERY fast! (now 'just 10 million registered users...so still small, right?) have a look here:

LaoPo[/color]

I just had a look at the Chinese Ebay... it is all in Chinese... Must be a LOT of money to be made there... by people who speak Chinese and English... Making adverts for people who want to sell outside of China and for a lot more money!

:D Now you're talking! My wife does, and she's very good at it (Ebay). Not me though. Can't read Chinese :D

LaoPo

Your'e probably right (for the moment) that the Americans buy more and pay more....but since my wife is Chinese.....she showed me the Ebay-site in China and you will not believe your eyes WHAT they are buying and selling (and the quantities), but I agree it's probably done more locally rather than internationally since most Chinese still don't speak any English and will have problems paying to overseas accounts.

If the Chinese were ever let loose internationally on ebay, they would be the sellers, not the buyers ! By the way, i'm Chinese and used to sell on ebay out of Hong Kong, so i know my stuff, and i'm well aware of what is happening on the Chinese ebay site, but the fact is if i listed items on the chinese ebay from Thailand, i would sell nothing !