Convert 30day Tourist to Non B/Work Permit? Need Agency

Hello All,

I got to Thailand a couple days ago on a 30day visa exempt.  I want to convert that into what I believe is called a Non Immigrant B visa as I’m told with this type of visa I can stay for a year and work as a teacher.

I was wondering do you know of any truly reputable agencies that can help me convert my 30day into a Non-immigrant B while I am still in Thailand? And possibly turn that into a work permit.  I was told I could do this with a school if they hire me, but I would prefer do it on my own so my visa is not tied to a school. This way if I find the school is not a good fit, I can change.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

About me, I am in Bangkok. I’m an American, I have Bachelors degree, two years teaching experience in America, an expired American teaching certification, and in the process of  getting TEFL cert.

For clarification... which types of entry can be converted to Non-B without leaving Thailand?

For example:

1.) 30 days visa exempt entry ==> Can it be converted here within Thailand , or must one leave Thailand and apply at an embassy outside Thailand?

2.) 60 day tourist visa exempt entry ==> Can it be converted here, or must one leave Thailand and apply at an embassy outside Thailand?

1 hour ago, 96tehtarp said:

For clarification... which types of entry can be converted to Non-B without leaving Thailand?

For example:

1.) 30 days visa exempt entry ==> Can it be converted here within Thailand , or must one leave Thailand and apply at an embassy outside Thailand?

2.) 60 day tourist visa exempt entry ==> Can it be converted here, or must one leave Thailand and apply at an embassy outside Thailand?

Both can be changed. But the requirements to do it are stringent compared to getting a non-b visa from a embassy or consulate.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 96tehtarp said:

Another thread is running on this - looks like something between a complete PITA and outright impossible to accomplish.  This would explain why almost all cases I have heard/read involve the person taking paperwork to a nearby consulate for a single-entry Non-B, then doing extensions in-country after that.  See...

It's not logical that the conversion does not have the same requirements as application at a Consulate, but it is "how it is," apparently.