White Toyota Exclusive Pick-up Truck

buddhafly

i saw one briefly at the motor show...

anybody know whats so exclusive about it? other than the white paint which isnt available on the regular version.

price about 899,000.

i think the guy said only 300 of them in thailand.

Apart from it being white, the door trim and seat trim is slightly different from the 'G' model Vigo ... oh, and you get an 'EXCLUSIVE' badge on the back.

Well worth an extra 30k :D:o

anybody know whats so exclusive about it? other than the white paint which isnt available on the regular version.

price about 899,000.

Hi Buddhafly

this link gives a little bit of info re Exclusive Vigo http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=98918

Never seen one yet and I reserve judgement until I see colour. White Vigo's around Surin are 'Cable guys' company vehicles :o

price about 899,000.

Apart from it being white, the door trim and seat trim is slightly different from the 'G' model Vigo ... oh, and you get an 'EXCLUSIVE' badge on the back.

Well worth an extra 30k :D:o

Hi all,

I just bought a Vigo Exclusive model and will pick it up in about 2 weeks or whenever my wire transfer arrives form the United States ($ exchange rate sucks). Several Toyota dealers had told me that only 1200 Exclusive models were to be built in 2006 (one year only). An Exclusive model was also offered in the Fortuner. You can no longer order the Exclusive model from the factory. The last of the Exclusive models were shipped out to dealers over the past couple of weeks. Mine arrived at the dealer on January 12th. I had planned to purchase mine at a different dealership, but when I went back to finalize the deal, the truck had already been sold. The sales staff even called the factory to ask if I could order the Exclusive model, but were told that they were no longer making it. Luckily, after calling several dealers, they found one which had arrived just that morning.

I initially was interested in the black color followed by silver. I'm not a big fan of white, but purchased the Exclusive model for these reasons:

1. The top G model Vigo with 3 liter D4D engine, 4WD, automatic transmission, side steps, bedliner etc. lists for Baht 874,000 versus 899,000 for the Exclusive model. For the Baht 25,000 premium the Exclusive offers perforated leather seats (the perforation should allow the seats to breathe better and reduce wetness due to perspiration). You can order leather seats for other G model colored Vigos, but the leather will be a smooth leather (no perforations).

2. The Exclusive also has a leather wrapped steering wheel and gear shift knob. I can't remember if the handbrake is also cover in leather. The door panel insert is also different (not sure if it is leather). The door armrests are colored in silver along with the central instrument cluster housing the CD/MP3, AC controls etc. which has silver trim on both sides.

3. As I said, white is not my favorite color, but the metallic (pearl) white paint on the Exclusive appears very bright and vibrant, besides the cabin should remain cooler and the Air Conditioner shouldn't have to work as hard as it wound in my favorite color (black) truck.

4. Toyota charges Baht 23,000 - 25.000 extra to order leather seats in a Vigo which brings the total price up to match the Exclusive model. The leather facing is not the same as that on the Vigo and you don't get the extras such as the leather wrapped steering wheel and gear shift knob etc.

I think that the Exclusive model is a very good choice if you can accept the "white" color option. Besides, the Exclusive was only offered for one year and only came available in the metallic white paint with a total 1200 units made, hopefully forever. I guess I just wanted something different. My neighbor has the same truck in the Champagne color and the next house down has the same model in silver.

Pattaya Dave

PS. Toyota has offered Exclusive models in previous years also. I can't remember what models were offered in 2005, but I think that the sales lady had told me that for 2007, the Camry and Altus will be offered in an Exclusive model, but not sure of the color option.

Edited by Pattaya Dave

Why wouldn't you want white in Thailand. Its frickin HOT!

When I lived in Arizona, US, more than half the cars were white. It does cut down on the heat inside the vehicle. Don't believe me? Watch Mythbusters, lol, they tested it and there was more than a 30 degree diff. If it was available when i purchased, I would have bought it in a second, but I don't mind the blue.

Now if I can only find my keys..... I think the dog carried them away.

I have just ordered the white Vigo Exclusive, I like it exactly for the reason that jbowman1993 mentions, I look forward to a more cool ride in the future.

Here are some photos of the pickup.

I think it looks great.

North

post-19154-1168879533_thumb.jpg

post-19154-1168879556_thumb.jpg

post-19154-1168879610_thumb.jpg

post-19154-1168879640_thumb.jpg

I have just ordered the white Vigo Exclusive, I like it exactly for the reason that jbowman1993 mentions, I look forward to a more cool ride in the future.

Here are some photos of the pickup.

I think it looks great.

North

post-19154-1168879533_thumb.jpg

post-19154-1168879556_thumb.jpg

post-19154-1168879610_thumb.jpg

post-19154-1168879640_thumb.jpg

Hi North,

Did you order your Vigo Exclusive through your local dealer from the Toyota factory in Chonburi or did you purchase from dealer stock? My dealer said that they had called the factory in Chonburi and were told that they were no longer taking orders for the Vigo Exclusive as they will no longer be manufactured as they were limited to a run of 1200 units. Is it possible that some of the Exclusive models have yet to be delivered to the dealerships?

The only thing I have found that I didn't like about purchasing the Exclusive model was that a lot of the Toyota accessories available for the other Vigo colors weren't available in the white color unless they were ordered then painted white at the dealership. Of course, the dealership wanted extra money if they had to paint the accessories. Nevertheless, I have been able to find the same accessories at the accessory shops in the aftermarket in the white color. Nice pictures.

Pattaya Dave