Line App Spam

blackcab

Today, Thai Visa has started spamming my Line App with links to news articles on this forum, with each message also containing a link to advertising.

You've been blocked. I don't appreciate it, and I doubt other people do too. Line application is a way I communicate with people, not the way I choose to receive unsolicited marketing. Your methods are no better than cold calling.

A big thumbs down. 

11 hours ago, blackcab said:

Today, Thai Visa has started spamming my Line App with links to news articles on this forum, with each message also containing a link to advertising.

Which of the links below are links to advertising? (The time stamps are of 18 November, UTC+1)

LINE.gif

The Bang & Olufson link is a blatant advertorial. "Experience the sound and design at Bang & Olufsen stores at Gaysorn Shopping Centre, the Crystal Ekamai-Ramindhra, and Think Space at Central Eastville."

The DTAC link is too. "pre-order", "free gifts", "special offers", "promotional period", "special gifts".

On 19/11/2017 at 4:42 PM, Maestro said:

Thank you. I see what you mean.

Readers interested in reading a review about these products or in buying them will appreciate these links, though.

What percentage of total readers might that be? A small percentage, while you risk alienating the larger percentage with intrusive spam messages.

I think the marketing department or whoever authorised this needs a lesson on the difference between social media (such as Twitter) and messaging apps such as Line.

Archived