Flooding in Hua Hin and Khao Takiap

NCC1701A

I woke up this morning to two to three feet of water on the streets Khao Takiap. I am hearing from friends who are reporting the army being deployed to SoI 112 which has a history of flooding.

I can't leave my house. It rained like I have never seen here before last night. Good luck to everybody in low lying areas of Hua Hin.

water is still rising here in Khao Takiap. about 2-3 inch more and water will be in the house.

There is a huge storm cell approaching on sat loop.

my girlfriend is coming over with her pick up truck. I am thinking of finding a hotel on higher ground for the next two days until the storm passes as I am trapped in my house now without her truck.

Good luck to everybody in low lying areas.  

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

water is still rising here in Khao Takiap. about 2-3 inch more and water will be in the house.

my girlfriend is coming over with her pick up truck. I am thinking of finding a hotel on higher ground for the next two days until the storm passes as I am trapped in my house now without her truck.

What's this sat loop thing ? Do you have a link ?

I was under the impression that the storm had pretty much passed.

It's not raining much here any more, I'm in Takiab as well and the water is clearing at the front of the house but when I look out the back window just about 15-20 meters away I can see the place where you could see the canal and it has completely flooded including all the surounding streets.

You can no longer see where the canal is and there's people walking knee deep in water along the roadside.

On a plus side the house where I am appears to be slightly higher than the houses around me, I think they flooded early this morning.

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

What's this sat loop thing ? Do you have a link ?

I was under the impression that the storm had pretty much passed.

It's not raining much here any more, I'm in Takiab as well and the water is clearing at the front of the house but when I look out the back window just about 15-20 meters away I can see the place where you could see the canal and it has completely flooded including all the surounding streets.

You can no longer see where the canal is and there's people walking knee deep in water along the roadside.

On a plus side the house where I am appears to be slightly higher than the houses around me, I think they flooded early this morning.

http://rammb.cira.colostate.edu/ramsdis/online/loop.asp?data_folder=himawari-8/southeast_asia_band_13&width=1020&height=720&number_of_images_to_display=24

http://www.goes.noaa.gov/dml/jma/nhem/wpac/rb.html

Edited by NCC1701A

3 hours ago, darrendsd said:

Always amazes me when people seem shocked that it has rained, that's what happens in the world, we get rain, we live in a tropical country, we get monsoons and storms, not actually a big deal is it? It will soon pass

I hasn't flooded on this scale in these areas for decades, also there are no rivers in the areas that flooded which makes is even more unusual.

Edited by ukrules

4 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I hasn't flooded on this scale in these areas for decades, also there are no rivers in the areas that flooded which makes is even more unusual.

It's been the same for the last 12 years I have been here, I can remember the Army being out on Petchkasem Road a few years ago

Anyway that's besides the point, we live in s tropical country, these things happen, it's not really anything to be shocked about

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Maybe not a big thing if you live in a tree - but for many it can mean a scene like this and is not a pleasant experience or memory.  Stepping out of bed into water is not my idea of a good morning.

2F35960400000578-3352263-One_defiant_homeowner_in_Kendal_Cumbria_decided_to_pop_his_swimm-a-31_1449672658419.jpg

I would suggest living in a tree is a better option for you

1 minute ago, darrendsd said:

I would suggest living in a tree is a better option for you

As expected.  Just because it is tropical does not mean you should flood as often as happens here.  I lived 4 years in South Florida where there are a lot more real storms than here - and did not have to live in a tree.  But when you suddenly get flooded it is a big deal for most people.

19 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Hey, hope your ok and water has receeded.

Was a crazy non-stop rain.  Soi 94 cleared up ok, but 102 had some deep flooding in places.  Military and Police presence there.

If not, let me know if you (still) need a place :)

41 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

As expected.  Just because it is tropical does not mean you should flood as often as happens here.  I lived 4 years in South Florida where there are a lot more real storms than here - and did not have to live in a tree.  But when you suddenly get flooded it is a big deal for most people.

I've been flooded before, however I didn't think it was a big deal and to be expected considering we live where we do and considering it's a tropical country and the infastructure is far less developed than South Florida and I certainly wouldn't be complaining about it on a forum