Help please - laser level repair near Bangkok?

cliveshep

I have a rotating laser level with a receiver that is supposed to emit a series of beeps as the beam passes close to it, becoming a continuous beep when the beam strikes it precisely level. I say supposed to, but unfortunately the little beeper stopped beeping. It also has a visual function indicating if the receiver is either high or low to the beam and that and everything else work fine so the instrument is usable.

Question - does the team know of anywhere who will repair the receiver and fit a new beeper, here in Thailand?  

Update - Amorn were as much use as a chocolate tea-pot. Firstly they asked what it actually was and this with the laser spinning happily on the counter, so that did not inspire confidence. I mean, if you don't know what it is how the heck can you repair it?

Then they said that IF I obtained the parts, they'd fit them. When I pointed out that even if the missing buzzer was provided the original fault might not have been the buzzer but another component, after all there are only two AA batteries powering this thing and piezo electric buzzers need a higher voltage than 3 volt to sound loudly so no doubt there was some circuitry to do that which might be faulty.

So they quit talking to me and talked to my wife instead and I got the subliminal message - they hadn't a clue how it worked and I clearly know more than them which of course I don't, they just got scared off!

So we came back and I googled the manufacturer - in Germany, emailed them and got an answer back almost by return that they have an agent/distributor in Bangkok - Zi-Techasia Solutions Ltd in the Ploenchit Centre, Sukhumvit Road.

I've forwarded the mails to them and await a response.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll try Zeer IT mall at Rangsit next time we are there. We go there quite often anyway so good idea.

The manufacturers agent couldn't help apart from offering a new one at £125 in Sterling. All I wanted was a buzzer so I assume this wonderful German company outsource to Bangladesh or maybe even Thailand! They weren't very helpful.