Extension Of Non Visa B

I am as confused as what due to people at my office informing me of conflicting stories

My single entry non immigrant visa B is about to expire at the end of the month. Although my work permit has been applied for, it wont be ready by then.

Well do I need to leave the country and apply for the visa once this once finished, or as someone said, can I extend it for 30 days at HKT immigration office until my work permit finishes and then go outside the country and apply for a mulitple entry non imm visa B

Dr. how about the situation after the WP is granted?

In my case got confirmed by immigration for 1 year and subsequently WP for 1 year. Understand some people first receive visa and WP for 3 or 6 months.

In any case, no need to leave the country to apply for a new visa once the WP is clear. WP follows always the visa.

If one whishes to leave the country apply for a re-entry permit.

Dr. how about the situation after the WP is granted?

In my case got confirmed by immigration for 1 year and subsequently WP for 1 year. Understand some people first receive visa and WP for 3 or 6 months.

In any case, no need to leave the country to apply for a new visa once the WP is clear. WP follows always the visa.

If one whishes to leave the country apply for a re-entry permit.

It is always difficult, but Immigration can give an extension to the original visa once the work permit issues, but only if they feel happy on the day.