Any one apply for Bangkok Bank Credit card recently.

Hi just wondering if anyone has applied for a Bangkok Bank credit card recently and how long did it take?

Applied at branch in Chiang Mai and used a fixed deposit account same value as requested limit. Was told 2 weeks. I have been back in twice to ask including today at 5 weeks. Asked when. "Maybe end of month. Maybe end year" was answer. 

5 minutes ago, cms22 said:

Got a couple from Bangkok Bank in Ramintra Road last year. Took a couple of weeks. Perhaps being out of BKK it takes longer?

Yes they said application had to goto BKK for approval. But did say about 2 weeks. Now 5.

It took us around 6 weeks to get ours, but we did have to go back to the local branch after a couple of weeks to complete some more forms. If I recall correctly, we received an SMS first about the card being issued but then had to wait for them to arrive in the post. Not sure why they don't send them out EMS, our post office waits until they have a big enough pile of letters before they deliver to us. Never yet received the credit card bill before the payment due date - I recommend you use BBL's iBanking or mBanking app to manage the cards and pay the bills.

39 minutes ago, jojothai said:

Requirements?

Can somebody tell me what the requirements are currently for a falang to get a credit card at Bangkok Bank.

WP / Visa / Fixed Deposit, etc.

I have had an account with them for a few years. To get CC I had to open fixed deposit account in the amount of the CC limit. Plus passport was all that I needed.

4 hours ago, 1DegreeN said:

It took us around 6 weeks to get ours, but we did have to go back to the local branch after a couple of weeks to complete some more forms. If I recall correctly, we received an SMS first about the card being issued but then had to wait for them to arrive in the post. Not sure why they don't send them out EMS, our post office waits until they have a big enough pile of letters before they deliver to us. Never yet received the credit card bill before the payment due date - I recommend you use BBL's iBanking or mBanking app to manage the cards and pay the bills.

We had similar problems but they were down to our friend making a balls up of the forms. Second set were refused by BKK because they decided we'd used crap Thai and wanted us to write in exactly how they worded it.

Heed 1degrees advice on using Bualuang i or m banking. Its so much easier.

You dont actually have to do anything if you are lazy  like me. BBL just help themselves from your linked account. 

This is slightly off topic but may be of help to someone reading this thread.

If you don't actually need the credit and the only reason you want a Thai credit card is to do “customer not present” transactions – for example buying items or paying bills over the internet - there is an alternative. I only have experience of the K-bank but I believe the other banks have something similar.

The K-bank offers a “K-web shopping card”. It is easy to apply for and all you need is an ordinary K-bank savings account. However you do not get a physical card, they simply issue you with a card number, expiry date and CCV code which you can then enter as you would normally. You can set your own transaction limit up to 100,000 baht and extend that limit by arrangement. It is, of course, still a debit card, but then a credit card requires the fixed deposit account anyway.

17 hours ago, Caxa said:

This is slightly off topic but may be of help to someone reading this thread.

If you don't actually need the credit and the only reason you want a Thai credit card is to do “customer not present” transactions – for example buying items or paying bills over the internet - there is an alternative. I only have experience of the K-bank but I believe the other banks have something similar.

The K-bank offers a “K-web shopping card”. It is easy to apply for and all you need is an ordinary K-bank savings account. However you do not get a physical card, they simply issue you with a card number, expiry date and CCV code which you can then enter as you would normally. You can set your own transaction limit up to 100,000 baht and extend that limit by arrangement. It is, of course, still a debit card, but then a credit card requires the fixed deposit account anyway.

One of the main reasons I want a CC is to use for PayPal. I have Australian and Thai PayPal accounts. For seller/buyer protection. especially on ebay, the seller needs to post item to registered PayPal address. I could not put a Thai address for my Oz account so opened a Thai account. I linked to my BKK Bank savings account and deposited cash into PayPal so I could make purchase. However I found recently, even though I had the cash in my PayPal account I could not purchase a certain item until I had a backup account to my savings account listed with PayPal. I thought cash backed up by a savings account would be ok, but......... Go figure.

On 11/24/2017 at 7:10 AM, Dazinoz said:

Yes they said application had to goto BKK for approval. But did say about 2 weeks. Now 5.

My wife and I applied for one in Chiang Mai a few years ago dragged on and on until I told them I would close my account and go elsewhere it seemed to have the required effect as the cards arrived in a few days

1 minute ago, StevieAus said:

My wife and I applied for one in Chiang Mai a few years ago dragged on and on until I told them I would close my account and go elsewhere it seemed to have the required effect as the cards arrived in a few days

Yep, Thats my next step.

I received a message here from a claimed Bangkok Bank Staff member asking for my details so as she could help. I replied that I would not give out information like that via a contact on here.

Those 2 posts have been removed. Can a moderator tell me why? Just curious.

As it turns out she was genuine and contacted me through the proper bank channels and my card was approved that day and should be here next week.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally received my card, well actually 2. I just applied for a card and received a Bangkok Bank Platinum Visa card and a Bangkok Bank Air Asia Platinum Mastercard.

I am registered for iBanking and went online to add my card to the online bank. Received an email saying request accepted and would be online within 3 to 5 business days. That was on the 4th December. Yesterday (19th) I went to my branch for other reasons but while there I asked why it was taking so long. Staff were very good and made several phone calls to head office to find out. Turns out they still have my old passport number, which expired 5 years ago, as well as my current one and this caused confusion. No one bothered to contact me and enquire. Now another 2 weeks wait while they remove that number from their system and I can add my cards online.

TiT.

Finally received my card, well actually 2. I just applied for a card and received a Bangkok Bank Platinum Visa card and a Bangkok Bank Air Asia Platinum Mastercard.

I am registered for iBanking and went online to add my card to the online bank. Received an email saying request accepted and would be online within 3 to 5 business days. That was on the 4th December. Yesterday (19th) I went to my branch for other reasons but while there I asked why it was taking so long. Staff were very good and made several phone calls to head office to find out. Turns out they still have my old passport number, which expired 5 years ago, as well as my current one and this caused confusion. No one bothered to contact me and enquire. Now another 2 weeks wait while they remove that number from their system and I can add my cards online.

TiT.

I applied for a visa credit card at bangkok bank over 4 weeks ago and I am still waiting for it. What is the annual fee for the Platinum visa card? I think it is expensive and i hope i get the normal credit card which i applied for

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

12 minutes ago, bravo19 said:

I applied for a visa credit card at bangkok bank over 4 weeks ago and I am still waiting for it. What is the annual fee for the Platinum visa card? I think it is expensive and i hope i get the normal credit card which i applied for

Its free if you spend a min of 5000 yearly on it as far as I can remember 

Does anyone know how to get anything from the credit card points?? 

My documents arrived in Thai, I have loads of points to use but no idea how to use them

My documents arrived in Thai, I have loads of points to use but no idea how to use them

No annual fee when you spend min 5000 baht per year is for the normal credit card, that is what the staff of bangkok bank told me, but the platinum visa credit card should be more expensive

1 hour ago, bravo19 said:

No annual fee when you spend min 5000 baht per year is for the normal credit card, that is what the staff of bangkok bank told me, but the platinum visa credit card should be more expensive

Both of mine are platinum and I haven't noticed any additional charges.... I spend over 5000 a week on it usually so it's possible if there was a small charge I missed it

16 hours ago, speedtripler said:

Don't know what the fees are. Goto the Bangkok Bank website and a lot is in English but goto the fees and charges page and is all in Thai.

My Visa gives me points for Thai Air and the Mastercard gives me points for Air Asia. I fly both but I think the Air Asia Mastercard best for me. The other will be put away.

No idea how to use points for other things.

I am only using my credit card points from my Bangkok Bank Visa Platinum to transfer to Air Asia miles. This is easy to do. Just call the customer services number in the back of the card and ask them to proceed. You can also use the points to get some free stuffs but i don't need it. I am travelling a lot with Air Asia and then can get free tickets (except airport taxes).
I also have Bangkok Bank Air Asia Master Card which is adding miles to my Air Asia account.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk