Jomtien Beach Condo Rim Haad Jomtien Condo VS View Talay

EcigAmateur

Hello,

At View Talay 1 it is possible to buy rooms in foreigner name at around 1.3 mb. View Talay 1 seems to be one of the best cheap condo as maintenance is so good and cheap.

What about Jomtien Beach Condo Rim Haad Jomtien ? Closer to the sea, is it more expensive, and is the management good ?

If you own units there, are they easy to rent ?  Thank you.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Jomtien+Beach+Condominium

Edited by EcigAmateur

It does matter what your purpose will be.  Different considerations for a rental (and also whether long-term or (illegal) short-term) vs owner occupant.

As an owner occupant or long-term renter I would place VT1 ahead of JBC.  Living here year 'round I value access in the immediate area to things like grocery stores, banks and restaurants without needing a car or moto-sai.  Also prefer walking to such places vs relying on a baht bus.  Not much within walking distance of JBC, but VT1 has plenty.  For the very rare times I want to go to the beach, the distance from VT1 to the beach would not be a hindrance.

However as a rental for a short-term visitor, who may put highest priority on being "at the beach," not care so much about banks and groceries, and might find baht buses a fun part of the local flavor, JBC might be a better choice?  There is a 7-11 right in front for munchies, beverages and basic toiletries.

Both places seem to be relatively well managed and have decent pool areas.

Have rented in both and owned in JBC (now sold). JBC has five buildings, the back three are on 2nd Rd. The rear buildings have rents comparable to VT1 and the beach buildings slightly higher. As mentioned, VT1 is closer to shopping and accessible transportation but JBC has a gym two nice pools and very well managed. 

2 hours ago, ThaiBob said:

Have rented in both and owned in JBC (now sold). JBC has five buildings, the back three are on 2nd Rd. The rear buildings have rents comparable to VT1 and the beach buildings slightly higher. As mentioned, VT1 is closer to shopping and accessible transportation but JBC has a gym two nice pools and very well managed. 

VT 1 is very well managed.

JBC was looking worst than Nirun few years ago before second road was built, and before they repainted the building. Did the management changed ?

1 hour ago, EcigAmateur said:

JBC was looking worst than Nirun few years ago before second road was built, and before they repainted the building. Did the management changed ?

I remember talking to a JBC owner while the Jomtien Second Road construction dragged on, and he said that management was literally waiting for the dust to settle before painting the back three (A1, A2 & A3).  They acknowledged that they were overdue but figured painting them before/during the construction would be pointless.

10 hours ago, wpcoe said:

I remember talking to a JBC owner while the Jomtien Second Road construction dragged on, and he said that management was literally waiting for the dust to settle before painting the back three (A1, A2 & A3).  They acknowledged that they were overdue but figured painting them before/during the construction would be pointless.

I wonder if they got some money to have a road in the middle on their property ?