Minix U9-H Anyone using It

Banana7

it is not as good for playing games and anything that requires grunt from its GPU,

If all you want to do is watch movies and TV, then the following boxes offer just as much power as the minix and support all the same standards.

Fire TV box 

Zidoo X6 , X8 , X9 , X10

avoid anything with MXQ in the name 

As others have mentioned the Nvidia is a gaming centric android box, the minix and other boxes are more media boxes. Its not really comparing apples with apples, different prices etc.

As mentioned in other thread, I have Minix box and have set up a couple for friends and no big problems, I think once you get over a certain price point boxes will be similar specs performance etc.

Edited by Peterw42

10 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

I think I have one sitting in my spares drawer. It started getting a problem with dropped audio, so I got a Fire TV 2 which is much more solid.

Neither the Minix nor the Fire compare with the Shield.

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

Thats an expensive box to throw in the spares drawer.

4 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

I should probably check which one it is...

Plug it in and get all the factory software updates will probably sort out any bugs. 

Plug it in and get all the factory software updates will probably sort out any bugs. 

Solly. Its an X-H8 Plus.

I tried no end of times to update it, but it made no difference. There is a Lollipop update, but not sure if its available OTA yet as the Fire TV works fine so I've not bothered with it for about 6 months.

32 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

Solly. Its an X-H8 Plus.

I tried no end of times to update it, but it made no difference. There is a Lollipop update, but not sure if its available OTA yet as the Fire TV works fine so I've not bothered with it for about 6 months.

if my memory serves me correctly there was a guy on here and on another forum knocking those dodgy H8 boxes out for a large price promising the earth. 

3 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

Solly. Its an X-H8 Plus.

It won't be an OTA update. Still in Beta right now. Have to download an Image file to update to 5.1.1

I have a U9 which was my favoured box until I went with the Shield, my reason for doing that was, no Netflix or Amazon Video in HD on the U9.  If those services are of no interest to you or if running a multitude of other regular Android apps is important, the U9 is excellent IMO.  The Minix air mouse remotes are great and obviously every button / feature of them is designed to work with their boxes.  I plan to sell my barely used U9 when I get round to it.  PM me if interested.