7-foot fish tank

DLock

Time to sell my freshwater fish tank. It is 7-feet long and includes a solid metal stand, all underneath filters, pumps and tanks all in good working order.

Includes a chiller (cost 26,000 baht), heater to maintain temperature at various times of the year. Also has a UV filter plumbed in and lights.

The tank has Discuss (7), Roach (5), Platinum Angel (4) and some other random fish. Very healthy environment and no fish fatalities. Feed on frozen blood worms.

Also includes small tank and aerator/filter for when you clean big tank. Includes a couple of books and plenty of frozen blood worms. Ideal for 1st time fish tank owner or experienced.

Recommend anyone considering this, is to have a dark area with no sunlight (or minimal). Algae growth can be a problem.

I have enjoyed this setup for 7 years, but my. new home is too small for this tank.

Located in Chiang Mai...and new owner will have to pick up.

Total investment is close to 100,000baht...selling for 25,000baht...or make a reasonable offer.

fts4.jpg

fts3.jpg

fts2.jpg

fts1.jpg

2 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Clearly a great 'set up' (certainly a lot better than my 'bog standard' aquariums :sad:) and a bargain, but sadly, you're only likely to find a buyer living in the Chiang Mai area.

I wish you luck, and hope you find a buyer for such a great aquarium system.

Thanks Dick. Yes, it's a really good setup...but quite big and will only suit a specific buyer who has the location to make it work.

...for Chiang Man only.

Appreciate the comments.

2 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Would it be possible to fit the aquarium on the patio of your new house?

I have the option of moving it to my office as a last resort.

It does suffer with algae growth, even with the UV filter, and too much sunlight really promotes its growth...

...but if it doesn't sell by week end, next week we will move it.

Thanks again.

Just now, DLock said:

I have the option of moving it to my office as a last resort.

It does suffer with algae growth, even with the UV filter, and too much sunlight really promotes its growth...

...but if it doesn't sell by week end, next week we will move it.

Thanks again.

I only mentioned it as I have a v long aquarium on my patio, and 2 sucker fish take care of the algae growth.

On 30/11/2017 at 1:38 PM, dick dasterdly said:

I only mentioned it as I have a v long aquarium on my patio, and 2 sucker fish take care of the algae growth.

How big is your tank, ours is 5ft and we have  to clean the algae every couple of weeks, how big are your sucker fish?

1 hour ago, Arjen said:

I wish I lived closer! Looks like a great fish tank!

About the algae growth, in my home country I had also a big fish tank, 2.5x0.65x0.65 meter.  also had a  
(small) algae problem. Then I received the golden tip, to switch on at night the lights from the fish tank for about one hour. It seems the algae gets confused by a new day in the middle of the night. and they die.

It really worked!

Good luck, also with your lovely dogs!

Arjen.

Thanks Arjen, at this stage I am probably going to keep the tank and move it to my office where I have plenty of space.

I do enjoy the fish and was really sad to think it might go.

I appreciate your advice and I will give it a try.

Thanks for my little dogs. Hard to find a suitable home, but I will not stop trying.

Take care,

3 hours ago, vogie said:

How big is your tank, ours is 5ft and we have  to clean the algae every couple of weeks, how big are your sucker fish?

The aquarium is just under 8 ft long, and the sucker fish are each approx. 18 inches long.  Only one is needed, but obviously they've grown a lot, and I was concerned that a single sucker fish would be lonely.

They keep the aquarium glass clean, whereas the glass of the indoor aquarium which doesn't have them (as the water has to be kept at higher temps. for the Discus fish) has to be cleaned, manually every week or so.

Archived