Fast, reliable mobile data?

mockingbird

I'll be in town for 2 months in January.  It's imperative that I have a good internet connection all the time, as I'll be connecting to a VPN quite a lot.

I'm  not sure where I'll be staying yet (maybe airbnb condo or serviced apartment) . I don't want to be relying on the room wifi,

so can anybody recommend a mobile option I can use as a hotspot.

As fast, and reliable as possible.

Many thanks

I think they all work well enough in town. I use True in my car and have no problems with it, except when in remote areas miles from anywhere.

How fast is fast? Packages usually go from 1Mbs up to the theoretical maximum of 4G. The best value seems to be at the 4Mbs level for which unlimited data costs around 500B/month. Hotspot use may be forbidden depending on which provider you use, though you should be OK with a mini-router.

For packages, see here:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1001601-which-thai-mobile-network-has-the-cheapest-data-package/

You may find that a rented condo has a good individual fibre or DSL connection, though of course you wont know that until you get here.

Have been using AIS for years now 4G and no issues at all, only if you are doing a lot of streaming video you may run out of data soon. I use it as fall back for my router at home and when the fiber was down the kids blow 1 Gb per hour watching Netflix than 30 Gb seem a lot, but it's not that much.

Six of one, half-a-dozen of the other. Best thing to do if you really want to be as sure of good speeds wherever you stay is wait until after you arrive; first check the in-house wifi for speed so you have a rough idea how big a 4g data package you're going to need, then ask the owner to recommend which telco's SIM and package to buy; in many places service from one telco may be weak while another is strong. There's no better way to find out than suck-it-and-see.