UK and EU agree Brexit divorce bill: UK newspapers

webfact

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

85% of the worlds trade is done outside of the protectionist corrupt block that is the EU. We sell them much less than we actually buy in. WTO tariffs are set at whatever the country using them places them at. So while taxes are higher on many goods and waste unacceptably high within the EU agreements, once out of that we can choose who or what we do that suits us and our partners the best. Neither China or Canada have anything like the tie in required for the single market yet trade freely with the EU.

I am confused. Is the EU a “protectionist corrupt block” or China and Canada able to “freely trade with the EU”.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, Orac said:

I am confused. Is the EU a “protectionist corrupt block” or China and Canada able to “freely trade with the EU”.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

the protectionist corrupt block that is the EU.

Neither China or Canada have anything like the tie in required for the single market yet trade freely with the EU.

whats the confusion?

2 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

And why would the balance of total UK imports and exports change in any meaningful way if the UK does more trade with nations outside the EU?

that wasn't the point being made. I was commenting that the EU have a lot more to lose than UK were there to be a trade deal breakdown. 

3 hours ago, jinners said:

Then I would have to question either your age or memory. Growing up I endured power cuts due to the <deleted> that was Ted Heath and the miners. Followed by the 3 day week which was the shambolic Callaghan government chatting with the unions over tea and biscuits in #10. Then Mr Grey John Major followed Maggie in to #10 and unleashed the worst idiotic traitor on to the country ever. Bliar, who is responsible for hundreds of thousands dead and injured. He also engineered mass immigration, or the start of what we see today while his sidekick stole the worlds best pension system and sold our gold reserves for a pittance of what would be market value unnecessarily while saddling the country with never before seen levels of debt. 

So while Mrs Maybe is not doing a great job in my view, the thoughts of getting terrorist loving Marxist anti British illiterates like Corbyn and Mcdonnell in to power is a horror I hope never to see.

Mostly agree, with reservations as to the accuracy of a few points and even more reservations when posters resort to "Marxist"/"anti British illiterates like" etc....