Affirmation Of Freedom To Marry

Hi all

I intend to have the Buddhist ceremony on April 23rd but have the marriage registered on February 22nd.

I have read that I need the Affirmation of freedom to marry from the British Embassy. Then it needs translating and stamoing in the British Embassy and then taken to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the licence, before going to the Amphurs office.

Since I can download the format of the Affirmation can I:

Write the affirmation and have a translation done first then take both documents to the British Embassy together? This, it seems to me, would save a journey.

Thanks in advance for the advice

Simon

Simon,

You don't need the translation authenticating at the embassy. Download and prepare your affirmation and then print it off. Take this to the embassy along with your passport, and your divorce certificate (if applicable). Return the next day and collect the finished article. Have this translated to Thai and take it to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and they authenticate the translation. You are then ready to marry.

Scouse.

Simon,

You don't need the translation authenticating at the embassy. Download and prepare your affirmation and then print it off. Take this to the embassy along with your passport, and your divorce certificate (if applicable). Return the next day and collect the finished article. Have this translated to Thai and take it to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and they authenticate the translation. You are then ready to marry.

Scouse.

Thats exactly what I need thanks a lot

Simon