Who Will Win The Six Nations?

Mossfinn

Champions  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ireland ARE CLEAR FAVOURITES and anyone who thinks Wales are going to win obviously know very lttlte about Rugby!!And never mind the six nations Ireland to win the World Cup!!

Why is it there are always those on T.V. who think just because someone has a different opinion they are idiots. This statement also assumes that everybody backs the winners and nobody has regional allegiances.

Anyway, being Welsh, I voted for Wales. Ireland have indeed got a good team but their match against Wales this year is at the Millenium Stadium which gives us an edge. That is unless my memory has completely gone - a very possible scenario thanks to Tiger (the beer not the golfer).

Ireland ARE CLEAR FAVOURITES and anyone who thinks Wales are going to win obviously know very lttlte about Rugby!!And never mind the six nations Ireland to win the World Cup!!

Why is it there are always those on T.V. who think just because someone has a different opinion they are idiots. This statement also assumes that everybody backs the winners and nobody has regional allegiances.

Anyway, being Welsh, I voted for Wales. Ireland have indeed got a good team but their match against Wales this year is at the Millenium Stadium which gives us an edge. That is unless my memory has completely gone - a very possible scenario thanks to Tiger (the beer not the golfer).

have heard a rumour that the welsh can bring their sheep so my vote would be for them :o

i'd have to agree that Ireland are favourites mainly due to the fact they play France at home, if the match had been in Paris i would have gone for France, i also predict Scotland to surprise a few people this year.

But they wont be playing at home this year they dont have a home!! , they will be playing at Croke park which may be a bit too intimidating for the irish boys

Its gonna be a Red year again fellas.

Anyone fancy a fantasy league for us in Thailand, i usually play in the Scrum.com one, if theres enough interest i will set up a private league for Thai Visa. Needs to be done quickly so replies by Next Thursday those who wish to join or PM me.

BTW Fixtures are as follows

Italy v France 13:30

England v Scotland 15:30

Round 1: Sunday, February 4

Wales v Ireland 15:00

------------------------------------------------

Round 2: Saturday, February 10

England v Italy 13:30

Scotland v Wales 15:30

Round 2: Sunday, February 11

Ireland v France 15:00

Round 3: Saturday, February 24

Scotland v Italy 15:00

Ireland v England 17:30

France v Wales 20:00

Round 4: Saturday, March 10

Scotland v Ireland 13:30

Italy v Wales 15:30

Round 4: Sunday, March 11

England v France 15:00

Round 5: Saturday, March 17

Italy v Ireland 13:30

France v Scotland 15:30

Wales v England 17:30

It isnt tough this year.

1st Wales

2nd Ireland

3rd France

4th, 5th and 6th who cares

Whilst Ireland does have a great centre pairing it will be outclassed by much stronger temwork from the Welsh.

It is a shame that Ireland and Wales play each other first round.. Will be a cracking match.

ITR :o

It would help if the author told us what the six nations was! Having read the posts I am none the wiser :o:D

Therefore I cannot vote!! :D

Rugby Union, the greatest sport on earth and the six nation's is a competition between the teams listed in the poll.

It started off as a four nations tournament until France were accepted into the competition many years ago and then Italy not so long ago.

They play a round robin of games against each other, one team will play at their home ground and the following year the compliment is returned.

The Triple Crown is awarded to a team who beat all of the so-called home nation's ( England, Scotland, Wales ) and an All Ireland team.

The Five Nations title is awarded to the team who obviously finish top and the Grand Slam to the team who beat all comers in the comp'.

There are sub-competitions, within the whole comp' also, like the Calcutta Cup played between England and Scotland.

If you have never watched it I strongly urge you to try I am sure you will love it.

Fast flowing, skilful and extremely physical., with no play acting and rolling around on the floor.

Good Luck

Moss

But they wont be playing at home this year they dont have a home!! , they will be playing at Croke park which may be a bit too intimidating for the irish boys

You are having a larf Mark, admittedly Lansdowne Rd is under constuction or should I say demolition, but Croke Park is the spirtual home of all Gaelic games and upto this year no 'Foreign' game had ever been admitted to play there, but it is a magnificent stadium and will suit the fast running and skilful backs of the Irish.

They have out-grown the cross-winded mayhem of the Lansdowne, even if it did have historic merits.

Good Luck

Moss

It isnt tough this year.

1st Wales

2nd Ireland

3rd France

4th, 5th and 6th who cares

Whilst Ireland does have a great centre pairing it will be outclassed by much stronger temwork from the Welsh.

It is a shame that Ireland and Wales play each other first round.. Will be a cracking match.

ITR :o

I think you have got this just about wrong ITR, internal fighting has split the Dragon and they will be blowing hot air instead of fire this year and will be stifled by the Jolly Greens.

It is a shame about it being the first game and I also think it will be a cracking match.

Good Luck, although not too much on the 4th.

Moss

You are having a larf Mark, admittedly Lansdowne Rd is under constuction or should I say demolition, but Croke Park is the spirtual home of all Gaelic games and upto this year no 'Foreign' game had ever been admitted to play there, but it is a magnificent stadium and will suit the fast running and skilful backs of the Irish.

They have out-grown the cross-winded mayhem of the Lansdowne, even if it did have historic merits.

Good Luck

Moss

Actually Moss , Rugby was correctly designated as a "garrison

game" by the GAA , which my grandfather called the "Grab all

association".

Hopefully the lads can be the brides this time after being

bridesmaids so often (second or third year after year).

If it happens I hope I have somebody as nice at my side

as when they beat the world champions a Twickers in 2004.

Just soooo drunk that night and next day I'm asking myself

how I ever got home until I saw the curved form under the

duvet.

:o

Good Luck

Moss

Actually Moss , Rugby was correctly designated as a "garrison

game" by the GAA , which my grandfather called the "Grab all

association".

Hopefully the lads can be the brides this time after being

bridesmaids so often (second or third year after year).

If it happens I hope I have somebody as nice at my side

as when they beat the world champions a Twickers in 2004.

Just soooo drunk that night and next day I'm asking myself

how I ever got home until I saw the curved form under the

duvet.

:o

Thats interesting, just found this article on the Internet, about the back ground of the term " garrison game".

There are others, but the intransigence of the GAA will back fire, if they do not relent on a larger scale.

With Lansdowne out of the picture and both Ulster, Leinster and Munster requiring a ground capable of holding 25K for any quarter final of the Heineken Cup they are all looking for grounds ouside of Ireland to support this.

Admittedly Ulsters Ravenhill wont need to worry about it this year, but both Thomand park and Leinster will.

http://www.aafla.org/SportsLibrary/SportsH...1999/sh191g.pdf

No political commentaries on some of the content please, just posted for interest purposes as I have always known it as what was 'termed foreign games' that is non-Gaelic, but garrison Games is more appropriate.

Good Luck

Moss

Good Luck

Moss

Well having attended many games at Croke park and i used to have an office looking at it (from Phibsboro!) i can say it is a fantastic stadium and atmosphere, last time i was there though the old stands were coming down, i imagine it is even better now. But of course will be never as good as the Millenium Stadium which has to be the best Rugby stadium in the world.

Still i think that the Irish rugby team will be intimidated playing there. Time will tell good luck....