That Hospital In Sattahip?

Spaniel

Great report from Queen Sirikit hospital. All we need now is for some volonteer to do the same with the "other" Naval Hospital in Satahip.

And we also need a volunteer to fall seriously ill or have a nice little life threatening accident in Pattaya, and then phone the Queen Sirikit hospital ambulance hot line and see what happens. If said volunteer lives to tell the tale, he/she can post the report on Thai Visa :o

As regards Bangkok Pattaya Hospital: Well there have been enough threads on Thai Visa over the last year or so that should convince even the most trusting amongst us that it is a place to avoid at all costs ( and believe you me it will cost you in more ways than one if you don't).

IMHO there is no comparison between Bumrungrad, Samitivej or BNH in Bangkok , and those bunch of unprincipled thieves and quacks at the BPH.

Mobi,

You bring up the obvious weakness of relying on a faraway hospital. When you are having an ER moment, minutes saved often mean the difference between life and death.

I would assume that as a matter of course unless otherwise requested, Pattaya farangs in crisis such as a bad car accident are taken to Bangkok Pattaya.

In a crisis where you need an ER right away, assuming you are conscious, is there a better alternative than BPH for an ER visit (closer than Sattahip)t? For example, Pattaya Memorial, how bad is it?

Edited by Jingthing

Mobi,

You bring up the obvious weakness of relying on a faraway hospital. When you are having an ER moment, minutes saved often mean the difference between life and death.

I would assume that as a matter of course unless otherwise requested, Pattaya farangs in crisis such as a bad car accident are taken to Bangkok Pattaya.

In a crisis where you need an ER right away, assuming you are conscious, is there a better alternative than BPH for an ER visit (closer than Sattahip)t? For example, Pattaya Memorial, how bad is it?

Yes, a dilemma indeed. Depending on the time of day it might take an ambulance 80 -90 minutes for the round trip to Sattahip, as opposed to maybe 20 - 30 minutes to BPH, assuming the ambulance departs as soon as the emergency is raised. 60 minutes can make the difference between life and death.

Depending on the urgency of the event, I would elect to go to BHP for serious emergencies, and when/if stabilised, arrange a transfer to Sattahip. :o

• 3 weeks later...

The navy hospital 10 kms from Sattahip is called the Queen sirikit nd is a government hosptal with naval medical staff. The hospital is in the village of Plutualung.

It is much cheaper than Pattaya Hospital and having beeb admitted twice for cellulitis I can say the care is good. A private air con room with fridge and TV is about 1000 Bt a day. The nursing care is good but if you are in a private room they like a relative to stay with you which is possible. My wife slept on the couch. Food is avilable but again my wife bought from the local canteen which has excellent Thai food.

However it is limited for some very serious conditions. Open heart surgery and stroke related problems requiring surgery need relocated to Pattaya

OK Hope this helps

John

JGV

Not expensive the cost of doctor and nurse care

The navy hospital 10 kms from Sattahip is called the Queen sirikit nd is a government hosptal with naval medical staff. The hospital is in the village of Plutualung.

It is much cheaper than Pattaya Hospital and having beeb admitted twice for cellulitis I can say the care is good. A private air con room with fridge and TV is about 1000 Bt a day. The nursing care is good but if you are in a private room they like a relative to stay with you which is possible. My wife slept on the couch. Food is avilable but again my wife bought from the local canteen which has excellent Thai food.

However it is limited for some very serious conditions. Open heart surgery and stroke related problems requiring surgery need relocated to Pattaya

OK Hope this helps

John

JGV

Not expensive the cost of doctor and nurse care

There is a seperate hospital from Queen Sirikit it is at the entrance to the navy base.

Edited by MP5

• 1 year later...
So is it The Navy Hospital or Queen Sirikit Hospital that is recommended as much cheaper, than BPH, and still give quality service?

Queen Sirikit.

I don't think, as a foreigner, that you would be able to get into the naval base to use facilities there, if indeed there is a separate hospital inside. QS is the one that everyone is referring to - I always thought that this was run by the navy as it was, I believe, set up as a joint venture between the USA and Thailand some years ago. You certainly see people in there wearing naval uniforms.

DM

The RTN hospital is right at the entrance to to the base and treats all. Doctors here work at surrounding hospitals too like Pattaya International and Bangkok Pattaya.

I'm still confused :o

What is being reffered to as RTN is in Sattahip Town , and you will not get past the guards on the gate.

The Queen Sirikit Hospital is roughly 10 kms past Sattahip on Sukhumvit as you head towards Ban Chang, at the end of road 331 where it meets Sukhumvit. Its right on the corner there and is surrounded by Utapoa Airport.

It is a Govt. hospital and all are welcome.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

You do not need to pass any security gate hence you will not be stopped by guards the RTN hospital is right at the front gate to the Sattahip Naval Base and I don't understand how you can clear things up when you are giving totally false information.

There are 2 hospitals and both will treat you and again the guards do not stop anyone from entering the Naval Hospital because it has a seperate entrance next to the main entrance to the Naval Base and it is open to the public.

Seconded. and I speak from experience.